Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Subscriber fredrickrivenson On Vacation
    multiple winner
    18 Mar '13 14:06
    I can not see the chessboard on RHP. Could I have mistakenlychanged some setting that causes this? How do I resume viewing my o-going games
  2. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    18 Mar '13 15:12
    try reset by holding down these keys at same time. CTRL and F5
  3. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    18 Mar '13 22:33
    I've lost my Alpha piece set. All the other sets display correctly, but if I switch to Alpha all I get is an empty board with two coloured squares to show opponent's last move. Already tried ctrl+F5 without success, and also experimented with other browser settings. Any other ideas?
  4. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    19 Mar '13 02:33
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I've lost my Alpha piece set. All the other sets display correctly, but if I switch to Alpha all I get is an empty board with two coloured squares to show opponent's last move. Already tried ctrl+F5 without success, and also experimented with other browser settings. Any other ideas?
    Russ made a recent post in the "Announcements" forum about doing some spring cleaning which included removing some of the piece sets. I don't know if that might be the problem you are having, but it's a possibility.
  5. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    19 Mar '13 06:14
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Russ made a recent post in the "Announcements" forum about doing some spring cleaning which included removing some of the piece sets. I don't know if that might be the problem you are having, but it's a possibility.
    I hadn't thought of that, but I've just checked the statistics and Alpha ranks as number 3 in the current list of 20, so I don't think that's it. I know I triggered the problem with the browser's Back button, while I was using the beta site, but I can't raise the Alpha set on the main site either. Presumably they share code for this.
  6. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    19 Mar '13 13:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I hadn't thought of that, but I've just checked the statistics and Alpha ranks as number 3 in the current list of 20, so I don't think that's it. I know I triggered the problem with the browser's Back button, while I was using the beta site, but I can't raise the Alpha set on the main site either. Presumably they share code for this.
    I can't bring up the alpha set on the beta site either, but it's working fine here on the regular site. I normally just use the book set. I suspect it's only a problem on the beta site. I use firefox as well.
  7. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    19 Mar '13 21:29
    I can't bring up the alpha set on the beta site either, but it's working fine here on the regular site. I normally just use the book set. I suspect it's only a problem on the beta site. I use firefox as well.
    No worries with 'alpha' on beta, not for myself anyway...I too normally use 'book', but I tried each set to see the functionality...each seem to be fine...
  8. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    19 Mar '13 21:44
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    No worries with 'alpha' on beta, not for myself anyway...I too normally use 'book', but I tried each set to see the functionality...each seem to be fine...
    Are you using firefox?
  9. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    19 Mar '13 22:49
    Are you using firefox?
    Good point, no I'm using chrome...
  10. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    20 Mar '13 00:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Good point, no I'm using chrome...
    I can't get Alpha on Chrome on the beta site, although it's still working on the old site in Chrome (don't know how long that'll last).