1. Subscriberfredrickrivenson
    multiple winner
    nj
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 14:06
    I can not see the chessboard on RHP. Could I have mistakenlychanged some setting that causes this? How do I resume viewing my o-going games
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 15:12
    try reset by holding down these keys at same time. CTRL and F5
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 22:33
    I've lost my Alpha piece set. All the other sets display correctly, but if I switch to Alpha all I get is an empty board with two coloured squares to show opponent's last move. Already tried ctrl+F5 without success, and also experimented with other browser settings. Any other ideas?
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 02:33
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I've lost my Alpha piece set. All the other sets display correctly, but if I switch to Alpha all I get is an empty board with two coloured squares to show opponent's last move. Already tried ctrl+F5 without success, and also experimented with other browser settings. Any other ideas?
    Russ made a recent post in the "Announcements" forum about doing some spring cleaning which included removing some of the piece sets. I don't know if that might be the problem you are having, but it's a possibility.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 06:14
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Russ made a recent post in the "Announcements" forum about doing some spring cleaning which included removing some of the piece sets. I don't know if that might be the problem you are having, but it's a possibility.
    I hadn't thought of that, but I've just checked the statistics and Alpha ranks as number 3 in the current list of 20, so I don't think that's it. I know I triggered the problem with the browser's Back button, while I was using the beta site, but I can't raise the Alpha set on the main site either. Presumably they share code for this.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 13:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I hadn't thought of that, but I've just checked the statistics and Alpha ranks as number 3 in the current list of 20, so I don't think that's it. I know I triggered the problem with the browser's Back button, while I was using the beta site, but I can't raise the Alpha set on the main site either. Presumably they share code for this.
    I can't bring up the alpha set on the beta site either, but it's working fine here on the regular site. I normally just use the book set. I suspect it's only a problem on the beta site. I use firefox as well.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 21:29
    I can't bring up the alpha set on the beta site either, but it's working fine here on the regular site. I normally just use the book set. I suspect it's only a problem on the beta site. I use firefox as well.
    No worries with 'alpha' on beta, not for myself anyway...I too normally use 'book', but I tried each set to see the functionality...each seem to be fine...
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 21:44
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    No worries with 'alpha' on beta, not for myself anyway...I too normally use 'book', but I tried each set to see the functionality...each seem to be fine...
    Are you using firefox?
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 22:49
    Are you using firefox?
    Good point, no I'm using chrome...
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 00:551 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Good point, no I'm using chrome...
    I can't get Alpha on Chrome on the beta site, although it's still working on the old site in Chrome (don't know how long that'll last).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree