Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 15 Jan '10 10:04
    Can anyone tell me why I cannot castle in this game, 7058937. I wish to castle king to c1, the comp will move it all correctly but wont accept it.Game 7058937
  2. 15 Jan '10 10:26
    Originally posted by Old Boy
    Can anyone tell me why I cannot castle in this game, 7058937. I wish to castle king to c1, the comp will move it all correctly but wont accept it.Game 7058937
    Read the rules of castling once more...
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=castling
  3. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    15 Jan '10 10:27
    Originally posted by Old Boy
    Can anyone tell me why I cannot castle in this game, 7058937. I wish to castle king to c1, the comp will move it all correctly but wont accept it.Game 7058937
    Help : castling
  4. Subscriber C J Horse
    A stable personality
    15 Jan '10 11:27
    The obvious answer seems to be that you should have moved your king to the left, not your rook to the right. If you move the rook, the system thinks you are making a legal rook move and accepts it as such. If you move the king two spaces, this can only be legal if you are castling and will be treated as a castle, assuming the option is open to you.
  5. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    15 Jan '10 11:55
    Attempting to castle queenside is not a legal move in the game in question.
  6. 15 Jan '10 14:49
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Attempting to castle queenside is not a legal move in the game in question.
    I think, whenever the system is complaining, the system is right. The system knows the rules.
  7. 15 Jan '10 15:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think, whenever the system is complaining, the system is right. The system knows the rules.
    NO WAY, Fab!!!!!!!!!!

    Smash the State and all "Rule-Based" games that take away our creativity.

    If I want to move a pawn 4 squares backwards, why should the SYSTEM say no????

    Power to the People and Players!!!!!

    pant, gasp..... just a second....I need to catch my breath......
  8. 16 Jan '10 18:07
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    NO WAY, Fab!!!!!!!!!!

    Smash the State and all "Rule-Based" games that take away our creativity.

    If I want to move a pawn 4 squares backwards, why should the SYSTEM say no????

    Power to the People and Players!!!!!

    pant, gasp..... just a second....I need to catch my breath......
    I tried to make an inventive move once. 16 Bc3xd4 e.p. but the system didn't allow it. And the system is always right. I was outside the FIDE laws.