1. Standard memberdamjanr
    MrUnvrs
    Prague (CZ)
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 20:07
    I'm writing this primarily to the site administrator. I'd like to cancel my win (and have it removed from my stats) in game #1233725.
    The thing is, it was only the second game i played, and at the moment i pressed "claim win" button, i didn't really know what this button was for. So, I tried it, and then realized that i won the game, which was NOT what i intented to do. The worst thing is the guy moved just once in the game.
    Sometime later when I read in the FAQ that games may be deleted before 3 moves had been made, I began to wonder WHY is there a possibility to claim victory in immature games????
  2. London
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 20:241 edit
    Originally posted by damjanr
    I'm writing this primarily to the site administrator. I'd like to cancel my win (and have it removed from my stats) in game #1233725.
    The thing is, it was only the second game i played, and at the moment i pressed "claim win" button, i didn't really know what this button was for. So, I tried it, and then realized that i won the game, which was NOT what ...[text shortened]... d been made, I began to wonder WHY is there a possibility to claim victory in immature games????
    Claiming the win before three moves is up will not give you any points. Russ and Chrismo (site admin) have made it quite clear that no games can be re-instated; ever and cannot be "canceled and removed from stats" as it now has a permanent place in RHP history. Sorry but it is just the way it is.

Game 1233725
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 23:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberdamjanr
    MrUnvrs
    Prague (CZ)
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 23:50
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    Claiming the win before three moves is up will not give you any points. Russ and Chrismo (site admin) have made it quite clear that no games can be re-instated; ever and cannot be "canceled and removed from stats" as it now has a permanent place in RHP history. Sorry but it is just the way it is.

Game 1233725
    no, i think you're not right. In my stats you can clearly see that the game counts as a win for me.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 23:54

6. London
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 23:56
    no, i think you're not right. In my stats you can clearly see that the game counts as a win for me.
    wins and points...there is some difference there. Now decide whether to listen to your instincts or someone who has been playing on this site for a year.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 23:57

8. Standard memberdamjanr
    MrUnvrs
    Prague (CZ)
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 12:25
    ok, ok veteran!! i dont give a damn about points, i only wanted to have 'clean' stats :]
  9. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 13:31
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    wins and points...there is some difference there. Now decide whether to listen to your instincts or someone who has been playing on this site for a year.
    well yes Freddie but if you notice his graph went up as if he has received points also.
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 14:291 edit
    Well, I'm probably the veteran of all veterans on this site, and I'm certainly confused by that particular game.

His statistics show completion of seven rated games. Nothing there indicates there was an unrated game played.

In that game each player only completed the first move, and it has been my understanding that even when you play a rated game, it isn't considered to be rated until after completion of two moves by each player, so the game shouldn't be considered rated.

I also thought that the only option was to 'delete' a game until after that second move is completed. I wasn't aware that the 'claim win' option was even available before the second move.

I think Russ still reads through the HELP forum, so maybe he can clarify this for all of us.

regards,
    Marc
  11. Standard memberdamjanr
    MrUnvrs
    Prague (CZ)
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 17:25
    yes, the vet of all vets said it all - it surely is confusing. The game WAS rated, because after the 5th game my provisional rank moved up from the initial p1200.
  12. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 18:00
    yes, the vet of all vets said it all - it surely is confusing. The game WAS rated, because after the 5th game my provisional rank moved up from the initial p1200.
    If you send a feedback to Russ, he can check this and possibly fix it or explain what is happening. That's the only way you will be able to solve this one.

regards, Marc
  13. Standard memberdamjanr
    MrUnvrs
    Prague (CZ)
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 23:01
    ok, I just wrote Russ a message and asked him to check this forum thread.
  14. London
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 23:07
    I think even if you are provisional the rating points move about even if the game is deleted. I don't know...it certainly is confusing!
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 16:32
    When the full move count is less than 2, it is unrated.

The full move count starts on one, both players then move, we are on to a move count of 2 and the ratings are adjusted from that point on.

(I had to dig about in the code myself for this one.)

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree