Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 23 Sep '13 03:40 / 1 edit
    Hi Russ! Thanks for getting the server back up and running in a timely fashion! I noticed one thing though, the conditional moves are not working.
    Thanks again!
  2. 23 Sep '13 07:51
    Originally posted by MAN O WAR
    Hi Russ! Thanks for getting the server back up and running in a timely fashion! I noticed one thing though, the conditional moves are not working.
    Thanks again!
    Same for messaging, though it's broken in a different way--the Conditional move button is inert (does not submit the page) whereas the send message button seems to try to send saying Please Wait but then never sends.
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Sep '13 10:57
    I'm looking at this issue right now. I'll update when fixed.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Sep '13 11:07
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'm looking at this issue right now. I'll update when fixed.
    Anyone reporting this, can you let me have browser brand and version info please?

    I'm not seeing a problem, even though clearly others are due to the numerous threads.
  5. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    23 Sep '13 12:47
    My Clubs and My Clans in the coloured bar don't give all players a dropdown menu.
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Sep '13 14:07
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    My Clubs and My Clans in the coloured bar don't give all players a dropdown menu.
    I'll cover this issue here Thread 155500
  7. 23 Sep '13 15:40
    Originally posted by Russ
    Anyone reporting this, can you let me have browser brand and version info please?

    I'm not seeing a problem, even though clearly others are due to the numerous threads.
    I saw it on Firefox 23.0.1 running on WinXP and on Linux 10, both somewhat old OSs. However both issues--conditional moves and messages--seem to be resolved this morning. So I gather you made a server-side change that fixed it. Thanks!
  8. 23 Sep '13 15:45
    Addendum - Conditional moves are working but no longer rejecting duplicates. I inadvertently discovered this just now. And I should add that I haven't confirmed conditional moves are executed, just successfully recorded again.
  9. 23 Sep '13 16:37
    Originally posted by Mike Perkins
    Addendum - Conditional moves are working but no longer rejecting duplicates. I inadvertently discovered this just now. And I should add that I haven't confirmed conditional moves are executed, just successfully recorded again.
    I just confirmed that a newly added conditional move executed just fine. So the only remaining issue I know of is the duplicate conditional move validation.