1. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 02:53
    Is there anyway to delete old (finished) games? I have a folder I put them in, but can't delete it because it is not empty! Thanks in advance.
  2. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 03:29
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Is there anyway to delete old (finished) games? I have a folder I put them in, but can't delete it because it is not empty! Thanks in advance.
    nope
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 06:501 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 07:57
    Games can never be deleted, as SS explained, because they each have two players and are linked to both users. Give your folder a name like "Deleted Games", stuff'em in and forget about them. 🙂
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 14:02
    Thanks everyone. What do people's folders look like when they have 1000's of games? lol. Could RHP save server space by deleting really old games or is it just not worth the trouble?
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 15:45
    Thanks everyone. What do people's folders look like when they have 1000's of games? lol. Could RHP save server space by deleting really old games or is it just not worth the trouble?
    You can't delete old games, it's part of the history.

My archive folder is filled with games, it looks like it's full... but there is still room for more.

Make yourself a "trash folder" and move games there. Be sure to never look at them again!

Now, they are deleted.

P-
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 18:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberAsthereal
    Dark Matter
    Maastricht
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 12:37
    If you once get around 250+ games open, you can put them in folders like "Dragon", "Najdorf", "Spanish" and stuff like that. If yo organize them by opening, you can easily play all the moves of one opening in a reasonably short time and then move on to the next opening. That speeds up stuff a lot. Then again it also makes games lots more boring. Oh and when you reach the endgame of course don't forget to move them to the "Endgames" folder. I believe Heng did it like that when he had around 1500 games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree