Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 13 Jun '08 11:29
    Why can't I delete these games?
    Game 5075251 and Game 5075256
  2. 13 Jun '08 11:42
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Why can't I delete these games?
    Game 5075251 and Game 5075256
    Games cannot be deleted. They will allways be in the archive.
  3. 13 Jun '08 12:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Games cannot be deleted. They will allways be in the archive.
    Do they count as losses? I didn't even move!
  4. 13 Jun '08 12:41
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Do they count as losses? I didn't even move!
    I think they count as looses in yo statistices, but you don't lose any rating points.

    Is this some kind of a prank of your 'friend'?
  5. 13 Jun '08 14:42
    It are unrated set-piecegames, but why can't I delete them, only one move was made.
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    13 Jun '08 15:54
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    It are unrated set-piecegames, but why can't I delete them, only one move was made.
    Make a folder called Trash Can or something. Move them there. Never open that folder again!

    Also, set yourself so no one can make new games with you unless they ask.

    P-
  7. 13 Jun '08 17:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Make a folder called Trash Can or something. Move them there. Never open that folder again!

    Also, set yourself so no one can make new games with you unless they ask.

    P-
    There is only one half move made. I can delete all games in wich less than 2 moves are made, except these. Why?
  8. 13 Jun '08 17:50
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    There is only one half move made. I can delete all games in wich less than 2 moves are made, except these. Why?
    I think you gave the answer yourself. It probably is because it are set-piece games. Maybe they work differently. But I'm not 100% sure.
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    13 Jun '08 19:21
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    There is only one half move made. I can delete all games in wich less than 2 moves are made, except these. Why?
    You can't delete a FINISHED game.

    P-
  10. 13 Jun '08 19:43
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You can't delete a FINISHED game.

    P-
    But I can't do anything, those games were finished before I even SAW there was a challenge. Isn't there a rule that you can't loose without moving?
  11. 14 Jun '08 20:46
    Rookus sent you these games? Without your knowledge? They arrived at your in-box as finished? There was never a trash can icon for them? Troublesome scam if all of that is true.
  12. 15 Jun '08 10:30
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Rookus sent you these games? Without your knowledge? They arrived at your in-box as finished? There was never a trash can icon for them? Troublesome scam if all of that is true.
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. yes
  13. 15 Jun '08 12:55
    I sent feedback on it. Set piece games are NOT rated, so it didn't hurt you, but it could become a pain to deal with if someone was a spammer. You can use {My Settings}...{My Challenge Settings} in the red bar at the top of the page to limit games that come into your mailbox unannounced.
  14. 15 Jun '08 13:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Rookus sent you these games? Without your knowledge? They arrived at your in-box as finished? There was never a trash can icon for them? Troublesome scam if all of that is true.
    This is true.

    You can easily set up a position that has a mate in one in it. Challenge anyone available with this position and the game is going. Then make the lethal move and you have won the game. Your opponent was defeated without even knowing that the game was going.

    This is certainly true. It has been done before, and subsequently discussed in the fourum. However, the rating is not influenced, only the win/lost statistics. Indeed troublesome!
  15. 16 Jun '08 09:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is true.

    You can easily set up a position that has a mate in one in it. Challenge anyone available with this position and the game is going. Then make the lethal move and you have won the game. Your opponent was defeated without even knowing that the game was going.

    This is certainly true. It has been done before, and subsequently discussed in ...[text shortened]... fourum. However, the rating is not influenced, only the win/lost statistics. Indeed troublesome!
    Is it so hard to avoid this?