Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 14 Dec '06 11:44
    Just curious as i`m playing an obvious draw ( game 2870586 ) and despite offering a draw twice my opponent insists on continuing in a RvR ending which he has every right to do of course. Think my opponent may be concerned about this rating?
  2. Subscriber Loose Screwonline
    Insane in the Brain!
    14 Dec '06 11:48
    Yes, it affects the rating.
  3. 14 Dec '06 11:59
    Many thanks!
  4. 14 Dec '06 12:40
    Thought that might be the reason he was refusing a draw in a Rook Vs Rook ending with no other pieces on the board. It`s been RvsR since around move 50. My opponent is rated around 1600 which is about 300 above me.
    Thanks for the reply.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    14 Dec '06 14:25
    Originally posted by Lord Snooty
    Thought that might be the reason he was refusing a draw in a Rook Vs Rook ending with no other pieces on the board. It`s been RvsR since around move 50. My opponent is rated around 1600 which is about 300 above me.
    Thanks for the reply.
    If you hold on for a draw you will get about 9 points, and they will lose about 9.

P-
  6. 14 Dec '06 17:17
    Originally posted in the FAQs
    No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by either player during their next move.
    It is possible to claim a draw as above FAQs.
  7. 14 Dec '06 20:48
    Much appreciate all the replies!!
  8. Standard member Natural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    14 Dec '06 22:36
    Originally posted by Lord Snooty
    Thanks for the reply.
    How sad. How very sad. (for him, not for you)
  9. 15 Dec '06 06:06
    Yes. All rather childish really.
  10. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    26 Dec '06 23:57
    Some people feel that they want to take the points with them, when they pass on....I have noticed that if I happen to be winning a game , my opponents move slow down considerably....On the other hand if they happen to be winning the moves come fast and furious....Human Nature think I think....LOL....
  11. 27 Dec '06 00:29
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Some people feel that they want to take the points with them, when they pass on....I have noticed that if I happen to be winning a game , my opponents move slow down considerably....On the other hand if they happen to be winning the moves come fast and furious....Human Nature think I think....LOL....
    There again - if they are losing or in a bad position, they need more time to work out what to do.
  12. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    27 Dec '06 00:33
    If this is what the case is , fine. Is this always the case?
  13. 27 Dec '06 00:39
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    If this is what the case is , fine. Is this always the case?
    No - it's normally your described scenario, I think.
  14. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    27 Dec '06 00:47
    You very well could be correct
  15. 06 Jan '07 03:59
    Are set-piece games rated? I just played one and it doesn't seem to be included in my list of rated games. If not, for what reason I wonder?!