1. Standard memberIthrowwithClocks
    The Wackiest of ALL
    Holland
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 23:01
    Hey people !

I asked Russ for changing the maximum from four to six. He refused cause of TWO reasons. He also rised it from three to fout lately AND he can''r rise it again cause of just ONE person only.

Now I know how clanleaders let people join their clans. I am a clanleader myself. You ask people who want to join, but especially other clanleaders want to, cause they want me to join theirs.

This is the way how alliances between clans are created, but also how clanleaders get their members. The Wackymen are still recruting. I still don't have 20 ppl. And I don't mind how good or bad you are. Joining the Wackymen means a life long chessfriendship at least.

Other clanleaders want ME to join theirs, but I can't cause I am allready up to four. Who wants to rise this to MORE then four, six for example ?

regards,

Ronald from Holland
  2. USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 01:36
    Originally posted by IthrowwithClocks
    Hey people !

I asked Russ for changing the maximum from four to six. He refused cause of TWO reasons. He also rised it from three to fout lately AND he can''r rise it again cause of just ONE person only.

Now I know how clanleaders let people join their clans. I am a clanleader myself. You ask people who want to join, but especially other clanl ...[text shortened]... ants to rise this to MORE then four, six for example ?

regards,

Ronald from Holland
    Another reason is people will start joining to many clans and then soon half of your clan is unavalible for clan challenges just because they're part of both clans.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 04:36
    Hey people !

Now I know how clanleaders let people join their clans. I am a clanleader myself. You ask people who want to join, but especially other clanl ...[text shortened]... ants to rise this to MORE then four, six for example ?

regards,

Ronald from Holland
    My vote is to lower it to two clans per person.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 05:38
    2 or 3 clans makes sense to me . . .
  5. Standard memberIthrowwithClocks
    The Wackiest of ALL
    Holland
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 07:40
    Hi people !

It seems that most people agree with Russ this far..... And I surely am glad with your opinion. Perhaps Russ is right then. Perhaps now the people agree with me join this discussion...

regards,

Ronald
  6. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 08:03
    Hi people !

It seems that most people agree with Russ this far..... And I surely am glad with your opinion. Perhaps Russ is right then. Perhaps now the people agree with me join this discussion...

regards,

Ronald
    I don't see a reason for a limit. Most of us are mature enough here to decide for ourselves the number of clans to join... and the clan leaders can decide who is right for their clan. However, Russ is the man and what he says goes 🙂
  7. Standard memberIthrowwithClocks
    The Wackiest of ALL
    Holland
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 22:35
    Yes... Russ and Chriss are the guys here. They decide everything. And they are not the worst. Russ seems to me a good guy. He always tries to think of what people want first. But in this case he thinks of what HE thinks the majority wants.
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 01:52
    Yes... Russ and Chriss are the guys here. They decide everything. And they are not the worst. Russ seems to me a good guy. He always tries to think of what people want first. But in this case he thinks of what HE thinks the majority wants.
    We don't know what the majority wants, do we?

Sometimes he should be making decisions that may be against the majority.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 15:39
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    We don't know what the majority wants, do we?

Sometimes he should be making decisions that may be against the majority.
    I think this thread is in the wrong forum. This is the help forum. It is for people looking for help in using this chess site.
    Not for help in getting support for a change in the RHP rules.

I think this thread topic should maybe be brought to the site idea's forum. I think you would get some good feedback there, and maybe eventually it could come up for a RHP members vote. who knows,
    But either way this is the wrong forum.
  10. Standard memberIthrowwithClocks
    The Wackiest of ALL
    Holland
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 19:02
    Does'n't finding out what people want in the amount of clans HELP everyone on rhp ?
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 20:07
    Does'n't finding out what people want in the amount of clans HELP everyone on rhp ?
    The idea of this forum is for users to ask for help. You could argue that this topic is loosely related to just about any forum - it's a "debate" so it should be in debates, it's vaguely related to chess so it could be in the chess forum. The fact is, it's primarily an idea to improve the site.

This is primarily more appropriate for the "Site Ideas" forum.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 03:23
    I don't think there is anything wrong with you bringing up your idea for this chess site.
    But I think site idea's should be brought up in the site idea's forum.
    I may not agree with your site idea, but that does not matter.
    You have evey right as a RHP member to bring up any site idea you wish and see what others think. I just don't think the help forum is the place for a site idea. That's all. 🙂
  13. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 20:41
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    My vote is to lower it to two clans per person.
    I agree with this.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 21:002 edits
    Originally posted by zebano
    I agree with this.
    Why? (And why are you in three clans if you think it would be better if it would be limited to two?) I can understand that clan leaders of very competitive clans prefer clan members who don't play in other competitive clans, so that they don't divide their game load among several clans. But not all clans are competitive; for example, some are dedicated to a certain opening and are more about studying and analysis than about playing lots of challenges; and some are there mostly to hang out with friends or to discuss certain topics, and they play few or no challenges. So if someone joined one competitive clan, one clan for analysis and one for chatting, I can't see how that would be a problem for anyone. Also, there are players who play hundreds of games at a time, and they might have difficulties to get the number of games they'd like if they'd only be able to join two clans. Why not leave the decision to the members and the clan leaders?

Edit: Looking at your clans, my example seems to fit you quite well. 😀
  15. Standard memberIthrowwithClocks
    The Wackiest of ALL
    Holland
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 22:49
    I agree that I should have written this subject perhaps in Site Ideas yes....Forgive me for making mistakes. Perhaps it can make sence when you see this question as a "Help" quest either. It helps people to make this clear and also people who agreed with the statement can feel it like "helping eachother" for more clans....lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree