1. Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 11:59
    My spelling is almost as bad as my chess games. One of my opponents says he has spellcheck on his 'message to opponents', yet others say they don't have it. Can I activate the spellcheck in my chess program?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 12:40
    Originally posted by Gilbert Labskag
    My spelling is almost as bad as my chess games. One of my opponents says he has spellcheck on his 'message to opponents', yet others say they don't have it. Can I activate the spellcheck in my chess program?
    I think you'll find that folk who maintain that they have spell check 'within' their message, will find it's actually their browser that's doing it for them..personally, I find google chrome does it all.. besides, your spelling looks fine to me 🙂
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 16:36
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    ... besides, your spelling looks fine to me 🙂
    Apart from the thread title that is 😉
  4. Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 18:18
    I must agree, my title says it all. I'll keep consulting my 66yr old dictionary (which Mom gave me), unfortunately you usually have to know how to spell a word in order to look it up. Thanks for helping understand the problem. Gil
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Sep '12 19:58
    I must agree, my title says it all. I'll keep consulting my 66yr old dictionary (which Mom gave me), unfortunately you usually have to know how to spell a word in order to look it up. Thanks for helping understand the problem. Gil
    If you do get your spell check working through your browser you can type the title first in this message box and paste it to the title box that seems to be immune to spell check. Not that I do stuff like that.
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 06:25
    I'll give it a try, otherwise I'll ask my 5yr old grand-daughter to demonstrate for me. These days babies are born with a computer in their hand. I wonder if a brain implant is not planned for the near future? We could play chess while we walk to work!
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 18:07
    I'll give it a try, otherwise I'll ask my 5yr old grand-daughter to demonstrate for me. These days babies are born with a computer in their hand. I wonder if a brain implant is not planned for the near future? We could play chess while we walk to work!
    Work.Hmmm.I think i remember that.
    Have to look it up in my dictionary if I can remember where it is.
    By the way , the google chrome spellchecker puts a wavy red lime under google unless you type a capital "G"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree