draw

draw

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Feb 07

why is there no automatic draws? I'm on a board with some jerk who won't accept a draw for the last 30 moves: 20 moves with 2 kings and 2 queens on the board, and now 2 kings (Game 3115025). There is no three-fold repetition or other automatic draws?

fo

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by FutureOverachiever
why is there no automatic draws? I'm on a board with some jerk who won't accept a draw for the last 30 moves: 20 moves with 2 kings and 2 queens on the board, and now 2 kings (Game 3115025). There is no three-fold repetition or other automatic draws?

fo
There is no such thing as an automatic draw (apart from stalemate). You need to click on claim draw.

D

F

Moves
05 Feb 07

Okay. I haven't seen that the 'claim draw' link available to me though. Doesn't he have to offer a draw first?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Feb 07

Okay. I haven't seen that the 'claim draw' link available to me though. Doesn't he have to offer a draw first?
The Claim Draw link is always available to the right of the board. Invalid claims get ignored.

A draw can be claimed after a couple of conditions; threefold repetition of position and after 50 moves without a capture/pawn move. You should be able to claim draw due to lack of material, but I don't think that is implemented on this site.

D

F

Moves
05 Feb 07

thank you jesus.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
05 Feb 07
3 edits

thank you jesus.
You can claim a draw with only two kings left on the board. You should have claimed a draw when you took you opponents queen with your king which was the last piece on the board besides the kings.
Now I think you have to wait for your opponent to move again until you can claim a draw.
I wound suggest reading and studying the rules on claiming draws in the FAQ's. I have found them pretty important. 🙂

JB

Moves
05 Feb 07

thank you jesus.
jesus doesn't post on these forums 😕😛

F

Moves
05 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Joshua B
jesus doesn't post on these forums 😕😛