Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 09 Mar '05 22:59
    Hi,

I'm a relative newcomer to the site and am getting worryingly addicted ;-)

However, I'm having troubles on my browser at home, although oddly not at work. I'm using Firefox 1.0.1 in both places, at work on WinXP and at home on Win2K. At home, I find that when I'm on My Games and click on the info link, the box appears for less than a second and then vanishes again. Also, all the links on the red bar (My Home, My Settings, etc, etc), except the home icon, always link to whatever page I'm on at that point!

I really can't work out what's causing this! Java and Javascript are both enabled and I can't think of much else that could be causing this!

Thanks for any help in advance :-)
  2. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    09 Mar '05 23:31
    Originally posted by purpledua
    Hi,

I'm a relative newcomer to the site and am getting worryingly addicted ;-)

However, I'm having troubles on my browser at home, although oddly not at work. I'm using Firefox 1.0.1 in both places, at work on WinXP and at home on Win2K. At home, I find that when I'm on My Games and click on the info link, the box appears for less than a second a ...[text shortened]... nd I can't think of much else that could be causing this!

Thanks for any help in advance :-)
    Haven't a clue. I have 1.0.1 as well, and don't experience the problem, so maybe its not your browser? Does it happen on any other sites?

D
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    10 Mar '05 08:55
    Certainly a javascript issue - and this is something this site will be using more of in the future too. Do you have any overzealous security software blocking javascript files?

-Russ
  4. Standard member howitzer
    rockling
    10 Mar '05 10:40
    I also use Firefox (v1.0) for RHP - one on XP and one on Redhat Linux. No problems on either. Haven't had the chance to use Firefox on Win2K...
  5. 11 Mar '05 22:44 / 1 edit
    Have you downloaded the Plug-In for Java? It would usually say download this plug-in if you need it. If it doesn't then you shouldn't have a problem.
  6. Subscriber Palimpsest
    SLR BUG
    12 Mar '05 03:39
    I get:

function DoAction( ) { if (document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked) { var message = "Please confirm that you wish to resign." + "\n\nResigning will award the game to your opponent."; if ( ! confirm( message ) ) { document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked=false; return false; } } if ( document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked && document.actionForm.offerdrawcheckbox.checked ) { alert("Please choose either to resign or offer a draw, not both."; ret
  7. Standard member SailingAlien
    Skipper
    01 Dec '05 23:14
    Were you able to get this fixed? I have the exact same issue. I'm using Firefox and notice the error mostly in the evening on my cablemodem.
  8. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    04 Dec '05 08:23
    I still can't get Firefox to work on RHP. None of the images show. Most importantly, the chess pieces.
  9. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    05 Dec '05 10:10 / 1 edit
    The Java plug in is not required.

JavaScript is altogether different and should be enabled on most browsers.

-Russ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javascript
  10. Standard member Chakan
    Oro!
    05 Dec '05 10:16
    The new firefox 1.5 is out try that.
  11. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    05 Dec '05 10:23
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I still can't get Firefox to work on RHP. None of the images show. Most importantly, the chess pieces.
    Clear your IE cache.

D
  12. 07 Dec '05 12:11
    Originally posted by Palimpsest
    I get:

function DoAction( ) { if (document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked) { var message = "Please confirm that you wish to resign." + "\n\nResigning will award the game to your opponent."; if ( ! confirm( message ) ) { document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked=false; return false; } } if ( document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked && docume ...[text shortened]... awcheckbox.checked ) { alert("Please choose either to resign or offer a draw, not both."; ret
    Looks like your connection timed out before the page finished loading.