Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 22 Dec '06 18:56
    I am playing a game right now and my opponent (Dacus) is only making me move back and forth... I believe we are at 12 times now. How do I stop this without surrendering? Can you delete a game for me.. Please. he has upset me so I don't want to resign.
  2. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    22 Dec '06 19:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by moz1979
    I am playing a game right now and my opponent (Dacus) is only making me move back and forth... I believe we are at 12 times now. How do I stop this without surrendering? Can you delete a game for me.. Please. he has upset me so I don't want to resign.
    if the game is going back and forth, you can do a claim draw option.. if it meets the rules of a draw, the game will auto end with a draw

if you are going to get upset over that, you might as well stop playing chess.. its part of the game.
  3. 23 Dec '06 00:25
    I said upset, I meant to say annoyed. I don't care about losing. Just don't waste my time. Thanks for the helpful hint.
  4. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    23 Dec '06 00:43 / 1 edit
    You have to draw.

if it makes you feel better : Game 2747281
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    23 Dec '06 01:41
    Originally posted by moz1979
    I posted this in another thread, and have sent the same message to a few users who think this is dishonest or a form of cheating. It is neither.

Being forced to keep making that same move is a GREAT chess tactic. You may have had a lead, but this user wants to force a draw. If he's forcing YOU to do the same thing over and over, he's got every right... and there is no need to 'delete' the game.

It's a very important part of chess, and if you didn't know it... you might want to use it next time you are behind in a game.

No game is won until you actually win it. If you are ahead and the other guy forces a draw... that is a good thing.

P-
  6. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    23 Dec '06 01:51
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I posted this in another thread, and have sent the same message to a few users who think this is dishonest or a form of cheating. It is neither.

Being forced to keep making that same move is a GREAT chess tactic. You may have had a lead, but this user wants to force a draw. If he's forcing YOU to do the same thing over and over, he's got every righ ...[text shortened]... y win it. If you are ahead and the other guy forces a draw... that is a good thing.

P-
    YES

Finally, some1 figures out the rules and smart tactics of chess.

I'm going to "rec" that post, my 1st "rec" that's how strong I feel about that.
  7. 28 Jan '07 04:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Being forced to keep making that same move is a GREAT chess tactic. You may have had a lead, but this user wants to force a draw. If he's forcing YOU to do the same thing over and over, he's got every righ ...[text shortened]... y win it. If you are ahead and the other guy forces a draw... that is a good thing.

P-
    Great post, adding that to my useful chess facts. :-)
  8. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    30 Jan '07 03:17
    Originally posted by Ramned
    YES

Finally, some1 figures out the rules and smart tactics of chess.

I'm going to "rec" that post, my 1st "rec" that's how strong I feel about that.
    "rec" the post? Excuse me, new and green yet. But you know that ramned you been a big help to me.
  9. 01 Feb '07 18:59
    This person move the same piece over and over again to get a draw...That's not right jlarue700, he should not be-able to get a Draw!!!!
  10. 01 Feb '07 19:22
    Originally posted by Rodney Cheatham
    This person move the same piece over and over again to get a draw...That's not right jlarue700, he should not be-able to get a Draw!!!!
    3rd position repetition rule says draw.
  11. 02 Feb '07 08:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    3rd position repetition rule says draw.
    If claimed. If neither player claims the draw, it isn't one; once you move from a repeated position, you can't go back later and claim it was a draw then. (This as opposed to real errors such as overlooking an illegal move, which does have repercussions if discovered at a later stage.)

Richard
  12. 02 Feb '07 08:58
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    If claimed. If neither player claims the draw, it isn't one; once you move from a repeated position, you can't go back later and claim it was a draw then. (This as opposed to real errors such as overlooking an illegal move, which does have repercussions if discovered at a later stage.)

Richard
    Right.

I rephrase:
    3rd position repetition rule says draw if it's immediately claimed.