Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 23 Feb '06 16:06
    hi i sseem to be having some problems. check out game #1820723

    why cant i take the rook with my rook?!!! (d2d3)
  2. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    23 Feb '06 16:11
    Originally posted by whArfrAt
    hi i sseem to be having some problems. check out game #1820723

    why cant i take the rook with my rook?!!! (d2d3)
    Because it would be against the rules of chess?

    What move number are you talking about? Are you sure you mean the rook and rook?

    D
  3. 23 Feb '06 16:34
    yes taking his rook with mine.
  4. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    23 Feb '06 16:37
    Originally posted by whArfrAt
    yes taking his rook with mine.
    Ok, then if you refuse to give any further info, ie: move number, the squares that the rooks are on, annotation of the move you wish to make, then, as has been presented, it is not a problem with the site.

    I'd suggest looking up the rules of chess and how the rook moves.



    D
  5. 23 Feb '06 16:51
    thanks bud but after 3k games i know the rules. it IS a site problem because with the medieval pieces (at least in this game) my knight is showing up as a rook. When i switch to wooden pieces the rook becomes a knight.
  6. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    23 Feb '06 18:43
    Originally posted by whArfrAt
    thanks bud but after 3k games i know the rules. it IS a site problem because with the medieval pieces (at least in this game) my knight is showing up as a rook. When i switch to wooden pieces the rook becomes a knight.
    But we can't determine what is going wrong if you don't give us the information.

    What move number, what rook taking what rook (squares), what it says when you try.

    I don't quite understand what is going on with the changing of pieces thing, that shouldn't change anything.
  7. 23 Feb '06 18:59
    thanks. if you go to board settings and change your pieces to medieval you will see what i am talking about.
  8. Subscriber Peakite
    Sais
    23 Feb '06 19:00
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Ok, then if you refuse to give any further info, ie: move number, the squares that the rooks are on, annotation of the move you wish to make, then, as has been presented, it is not a problem with the site.

    I'd suggest looking up the rules of chess and how the rook moves.

    [fen]3r2k1/5pp1/7p/8/1b6/3nPN1P/1q1NRPP1/3Q1K2 w - - 11 29[/fen]

    D
    An interesting error. I don't use these pieces normally, but I've had a look to see what happens to one of my games. Looking at the board it shows me with a rook on f6 and a knight at a8. However, in the analyse board they are the correct way round (Nf6 and Ra8).

    It appears as



    to him
  9. 23 Feb '06 19:03
    thanks PK. at least i know im not losing my mind.
  10. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Feb '06 21:07
    Originally posted by whArfrAt
    thanks PK. at least i know im not losing my mind.
    Please see Thread 38892

    -Russ
  11. 25 Feb '06 17:51
    thanks Russ.