Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 05 Sep '06 17:42
    can i make rhp my home page?
  2. 05 Sep '06 18:01
    Originally posted by eddiedean
    yes
  3. 05 Sep '06 19:12
    You can make anything you like your home-page.
  4. 05 Sep '06 19:13
    I create a Explorer icon and put it on my desktop (with the other icons), right click it and assign the URL to your favourite page within RHP. Then just click it and voilà you're there.

How do I know what URL it is to my favourite page within RHP?
    Just go there and look at the URL-adress, there it is. Copy from there and paste into where you will have it. And ... voilà again.

Did anyone understand?
  5. Standard member impatient
    Big Cheese
    05 Sep '06 19:27
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    You can make anything you like your home-page.
    not true
  6. 06 Sep '06 02:18
    Yes it is.
    Don't argue.
  7. Standard member impatient
    Big Cheese
    06 Sep '06 02:57
    Yes it is.
    Don't argue.
    Are you joking? What about the thousands upon thousands of secure websites requiring passwords?
  8. 06 Sep '06 03:40 / 1 edit
    All that means is, you may have to sign in when it opens. You can still do it - I've got a secure site that opens as a home page.

*as for here [RHP] that isn't relevant.
  9. Standard member impatient
    Big Cheese
    06 Sep '06 03:44
    All that means is, you may have to sign in when it opens. You can still do it - I've got a secure site that opens as a home page.
    What about the secure sites you dont have passwords to? There are thousands of sites to which I dont (and will never be given) have passwords, so cannot make those my homepage.
  10. 06 Sep '06 20:40
    Originally posted by impatient
    What about the secure sites you dont have passwords to? There are thousands of sites to which I dont (and will never be given) have passwords, so cannot make those my homepage.
    If it's available to the person in question to visit, it is also possible to make it their home page.
  11. Standard member impatient
    Big Cheese
    06 Sep '06 21:18
    If it's available to the person in question to visit, it is also possible to make it their home page.
    sure, but not "anything you like" as you previously stated - to which I correctly said "not true".
  12. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    06 Sep '06 21:39
    I don't advise making it home page, it could slow mess things up, slow your computer,

Personally, I put it under "Favorites." Pretty convienent, anytime you click it under favorites, it takes you right to your games.
  13. 07 Sep '06 01:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by impatient
    sure, but not "anything you like" as you previously stated - to which I correctly said "not true".
    Semantics.

Obviously you wouldn't like to have a site you couldn't visit as your home page.

Therefore: "true".

And anyway, if it's not available to the internet it's not really a website - more a private site.
  14. 08 Sep '06 19:44
    Originally posted by Ramned
    I don't advise making it home page, it could slow mess things up, slow your computer,

Personally, I put it under "Favorites." Pretty convienent, anytime you click it under favorites, it takes you right to your games.
    thanks for the helpful tip.
  15. 09 Sep '06 09:41
    no problem putting it as your home page.

Go to
    "Tools"
    "Internet options"
    "general tab"
    and under home page put in RHP address and click Aplly at bottom.

Easy!