Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 Apr '15 15:35
    I posted a login that I always used, I thought was correct but it got bumped, incorrect password.

So I have my password stored and I can log in using that but how do I figure out what the password actually is?
  2. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    17 Apr '15 15:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I posted a login that I always used, I thought was correct but it got bumped, incorrect password.

So I have my password stored and I can log in using that but how do I figure out what the password actually is?
    I think the way forward is the option "reset password". You can't actually retrieve your passwrod as far as I know. But you can set your password again, after having reset it and got a use once one by the site.
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    17 Apr '15 18:57
    Yes, you will need to do a reset - passwords cannot be retrieved.
  4. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    20 Apr '15 06:03

Refer to the postit note inside the cover of your hardback copy of "A Brief History of Time"

Or is that just me?
  5. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    20 Apr '15 11:38
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Refer to the postit note inside the cover of your hardback copy of "A Brief History of Time"

Or is that just me?
    Post-It's (R) with passwords or password hints are very common. My colleague writes them down in his old calendar...I am a Post-It(R) man myself
  6. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    20 Apr '15 13:20 / 1 edit

Are you using firefox? If yes, go to tools/options/security/saved passwords/ show passwords.
    You will see a list of passwords that are saved for all of your internet sites, and will also have the option to see them.

I don't know what other browsers have but they may have a similar option.
  7. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    20 Apr '15 15:55
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Are you using firefox? If yes, go to tools/options/security/saved passwords/ show passwords.
    You will see a list of passwords that are saved for all of your internet sites, and will also have the option to see them.

I don't know what other browsers have but they may have a similar option.
    I could have phrased this differently.
    You will see a list of sites for which passwords are saved, and you will have the option to see the actual password.

There, that's a little better.