1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 23:12
    Is it three full moves, or does the trash can go away after white's third?
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 00:38
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Is it three full moves, or does the trash can go away after white's third?
    3 full. After blacks third.
  3. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 01:19
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    3 full. After blacks third.
    That isn't the way I interpret this from FAQ.
    How do I delete a game?
    If a game is under three moves it can be deleted from the 'My Games' page by clicking the bin icon. If a game is three moves or over, it can not be removed, but can be archived.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 02:29
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    How do I delete a game?
    If a game is under three moves it can be deleted from the 'My Games' page by clicking the bin icon. If a game is three moves or over, it can not be removed, but can be archived.
    I agree - I thought the option to delete disappeared after blacks 2nd move.
  5. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 02:55
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I agree - I thought the option to delete disappeared after blacks 2nd move.
    I have a game on its first move so I can tell you all soon enough.
  6. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 14:35
    I forgot to check after moves 2 and 3 someone else will have to answer.
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 18:27
    How do I delete a game?
    Heres what it says in the FAQ under What if my opponent stops playing?? Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.
    I may be wrong, but it clearly says moves are counted in pairs, so I interpreted it as after blacks third move. But like I said I may be wrong.
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 22:52
    When black completes their second move, the 'delete' option goes away.
  9. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 22:572 edits
    Heres what it says in the FAQ under [b] What if my opponent stops playing?? Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.
    I may be wrong, but it clearly says moves are counted in pairs, so I interpreted it as after blacks third move. But like I said I may be wrong.[/b]
    I am glad you are not a cop or a lawyer.
    Within 3 moves does not include the third set of moves.Moves are made in pairs was put in there,because many beginners think that the first move is white...the second move is black,which is not the way moves are numbered.
    The" What if my opponent stops playing??" question is before the FAQ answer I pasted from FAQ.
  10. In your face
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 00:18
    White moves, black moves, then as soon as white moves again, the trash can disappears.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 00:29
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    White moves, black moves, then as soon as white moves again, the trash can disappears.
    Are you sure?

I think it's;
    white moves,
    black moves,
    white moves,
    black moves,
    option to delete goes away.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 02:56
    I am glad you are not a cop or a lawyer.
    Within 3 moves does not include the third set of moves.Moves are made in pairs was put in there,because many beginners think that the first move is white...the second move is black,which is not the way moves are numbered.
    The"[b] What if my opponent stops playing??"
    question is before the FAQ answer I pasted from FAQ.[/b]
    well i'm glad i'm not a cop also. And if I was a lawyer I would argue that any game is under three moves until black has made its third move. In any game you are within three moves until black has completed its third move as it is stated in the FAQ. One white move and one black move= one full move according to the FAQ. SOOOO until black has made its third move in any game you are within, or under three moves. If white has made three moves, but black only two, then only 2 1/2 moves have been made according to the FAQ. And you still are under, or within three moves. And like I said in the past post, I might be wrong, but thats the way I interpreted it as I read it. so 😛
  13. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 02:021 edit
    well i'm glad i'm not a cop also. And if I was a lawyer I would argue that any game is under three moves until black has made its third move. In any game you are within three moves until black has completed its third move as it is stated in the FAQ. One white move and one black move= one full move according to the FAQ. SOOOO until black has made its ...[text shortened]... in the past post, I might be wrong, but thats the way I interpreted it as I read it. so 😛
    No, my firend think of it as a number line.

[within 3 moves]
    Once white makes his 3rd move it's like this:
    ........................[past 3 moves]
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 14:49
    No, my firend think of it as a number line.

[within 3 moves]
    Once white makes his 3rd move it's like this:
    ........................[past 3 moves]
    number line.
    0...white moves...1/2 full move.....black moves...1 full move ....white moves...1 1/2...black move....2...3rd white move....2 1/2 full moves, under or within 3 full moves.....black makes third move.....3 full moves. now not under or within 3 moves. 😉 🙂 It is clear that the number line you stated is the way it is on this site, and I was wrong as I said I might be. But the number line I was thinking it was also fits into the way it is stated in the FAQ. you still glad i'm not your lawyer??? lol 😛
  15. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 18:43
    number line.
    0...white moves...1/2 full move.....black moves...1 full move ....white moves...1 1/2...black move....2...3rd white move....2 1/2 full moves, under or within 3 full moves.....black makes third move.....3 full moves. now not under or within 3 moves. 😉 🙂 It is clear that the number line you stated is the way it is on this site, and I ...[text shortened]... also fits into the way it is stated in the FAQ. you still glad i'm not your lawyer??? lol 😛
    You would have thought that a mod or admin would have ended this before now. Do you want to move this to the Debates Forum? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree