Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 31 Aug '11 19:07
    I read the Help section and found nothing on this subject. My opponent recently sent me a move reminder through Red Hot Pawn, which came in the form of an email. I now want to send him one back, but can find NO option to do so anywhere on the site. What am I missing? Please let me know. Thanks
  2. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    31 Aug '11 19:56
    Originally posted by ZombieWombat
    I read the Help section and found nothing on this subject. My opponent recently sent me a move reminder through Red Hot Pawn, which came in the form of an email. I now want to send him one back, but can find NO option to do so anywhere on the site. What am I missing? Please let me know. Thanks
    In the left hand margin, going down, you have a check list, 'folders', 'search for game' etc ..you'll see 'games status filter' amongst them, hit that and you'll have a number of options. Hit 'opponents move' and if you slide the toolbar as far over to the right ( if you need to depending upon browser etc ), you'll see a little mail icon, 'send email to opponent' when you hover over it...
  3. 31 Aug '11 22:43
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    In the left hand margin, going down, you have a check list, 'folders', 'search for game' etc ..you'll see 'games status filter' amongst them, hit that and you'll have a number of options. Hit 'opponents move' and if you slide the toolbar as far over to the right ( if you need to depending upon browser etc ), you'll see a little mail icon, 'send email to opponent' when you hover over it...
    Hi Rev, thanks for the reply. I'm guessing this is in the "My Games" tab? I went through the entire path you described, but there is no little mail icon there. There's only an hourglass icon saying that I'm waiting for my opponent to move. Do I need to be a subscriber to get a mail icon?

    I still can't believe how hidden and unintuitive this is. The option to send your opponent a move reminder should be clearly available on the game board page itself.
  4. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    31 Aug '11 23:29 / 1 edit
    It's my understanding that the 'send opponent move reminder' icon only presents when certain time conditions are meet, ie, when your opponent is close to the T/O point and/or time bank is depleting. Stand to be corrected though.

    skeeter

    PS edit: applies equally to subs and non-subs
  5. 01 Sep '11 01:44
    Originally posted by skeeter
    It's my understanding that the 'send opponent move reminder' icon only presents when certain time conditions are meet, ie, when your opponent is close to the T/O point and/or time bank is depleting. Stand to be corrected though.

    skeeter

    PS edit: applies equally to subs and non-subs
    it pops up after 3 days or so regardless of the time control status... that's of course if your opponent has enabled them.
  6. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    01 Sep '11 02:16
    Yes. If the opponent has disabled this then the icon will never appear. Don't the three day thing is correct - would seem a bit silly say in a 7/21 ?

    skeeter
  7. 01 Sep '11 02:59
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Yes. If the opponent has disabled this then the icon will never appear. Don't the three day thing is correct - would seem a bit silly say in a 7/21 ?

    skeeter
    i'm playing a 7/14 game at the moment and the reminder comes up after about 3 days... not totally certain though.
  8. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    01 Sep '11 03:34
    Since it's all a little vague, it would be nice if Russ et al could hop in and explain the timing of the reminder icon ?

    skeeter
  9. 01 Sep '11 17:04 / 1 edit
    or at least mention it in the FAQ.

    edit: just checked my games, opponent hasn't moved since 30 Aug '11 10:49 (BST) and the reminder icon has appeared. 2 days. time control is 7/14 and he has 9 days of time-back left.

    seems a bit early to me.