1. Joined
    29 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 05:36
    If my pawn reaches the other end of the board before there are any other pieces for me to recover, then I lose my queen, can I re activate her?
  2. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 05:41
    if ur pawn reaches the other end of the board you have a choice of a knight,bishop, rook, or queen reguardless what pieces you have on the board. im not quite sure wat ur asking but i hope that helps
  3. Joined
    29 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 05:47
    my apponent has only captured 3 pawns. I made it to the other end before
    I lost my queen. can I put my queen back on the board even though it was
    captured 3 moves after my pawn reached the other end of the board? I had nothing to choose from previously.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 06:16
    Originally posted by stgrego78
    my apponent has only captured 3 pawns. I made it to the other end before
    I lost my queen. can I put my queen back on the board even though it was
    captured 3 moves after my pawn reached the other end of the board? I had nothing to choose from previously.
    When a pawn reaches the other end of the board, you must immediately replace it with another piece. This is true even if you haven't lost a piece yet; you are allowed to have two or more queens on the board at the same time. You do not and should not wait for a piece to be lost!!
  5. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 06:26
    Yep,a classic example of a 'self made-up rule'.We had a lot of those rules when we first learned this game.Hehe,sweet memories 😀
    To help clear it up,at any given time in the game,when a pawn reaches the other side it must promote to a piece of your choice,regardless of which pieces are still on the board,even when no piece is taken the pawn must promote.For instance,in theory it is possible to have 9 queens,unlikely to happen,but possible.

Sir Lot.
  6. Joined
    29 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '04 06:31
    Thank you all very much.
  7. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 15:24
    In theory it's possible to have eighteen queen's on board at once. If that ever happend in one of my games. I'd have to take an asprin and go to bed.
  8. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 17:35
    Originally posted by buddy2
    In theory it's possible to have eighteen queen's on board at once. If that ever happend in one of my games. I'd have to take an asprin and go to bed.
    LOL

Can I have one of those asprin's too,please?
  9. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    03 Jul '04 07:221 edit
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Yep,a classic example of a 'self made-up rule'.We had a lot of those rules when we first learned this game.Hehe,sweet memories 😀
    To help clear it up,at any given time in the game,when a pawn reaches the other side it must promote t ...[text shortened]... ible to have 9 queens,unlikely to happen,but possible.

Sir Lot.
    It is not possible to have 9 queens as that would mean that your opponent had no pawns (otherwise you couldn't promote them) meaning their king could not do much hiding. Once you had 6 queens on the board the oppossing king would not have many squares left on the board that weren't attacked. By the time you got to eight there would be no where left.

James.
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 20:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. London
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 00:02
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    It is not possible to have 9 queens as that would mean that your opponent had no pawns (otherwise you couldn't promote them) meaning their king could not do much hiding. Once you had 6 queens on the board the oppossing king would not have many squares left on the board that weren't attacked. By the time you got to eight there would be no where left.

James.
    But surely you are promoting your own pawns and not the oppositions and therefore they could have pawns left on the board 😕😕
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 00:26
    Originally posted by marinakatomb

James.
    I'm sure 9 queens is theoretically possible, and I believe 18 is as well, through a series of captures you can double and triple the pawns so that each one can pass each other.

The king is not in check and has plenty of places to move.
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 01:51
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I'm sure 9 queens is theoretically possible, and I believe 18 is as well, through a series of captures you can double and triple the pawns so that each one can pass each other.

[fen]4QQQQ/4QQQ1/4QQ2/8/8/8/2k5/8 w - - 0 1[/fen]

The king is not in check and has plenty of places to move.
    That board is absolute rubbish. You have to be able to prove you can reach that position. Stick to what you do best Cocotard - washing out the dunnies after school. Jesus wept.

skeeter
  14. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 02:05
    Originally posted by stgrego78
    If my pawn reaches the other end of the board before there are any other pieces for me to recover, then I lose my queen, can I re activate her?
    Try learning the rules. Then play.

Going about it this way round is always best.
  15. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 02:07
    Originally posted by skeeter
    That board is absolute rubbish.
    What's wrong with it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree