In-Game Messages

In-Game Messages

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
29 Mar 09

My Opponent has sent me two messages which have appeared at the top of the game screen when I logged on to check the game progress.

My problem is that there are 5 additional messages between the these two which did not show up at all. I discovered the extras when I happened to check the log.

I also checked my email notifications and noticed that some, but not all the messages where included there.

Is there some reason I am getting a partial message display--seeing some but not others?

Thanks,
Epee

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
29 Mar 09

Originally posted by epee
My Opponent has sent me two messages which have appeared at the top of the game screen when I logged on to check the game progress.

My problem is that there are 5 additional messages between the these two which did not show up at all. I discovered the extras when I happened to check the log.

I also checked my email notifications and noticed that some, bu ...[text shortened]... some reason I am getting a partial message display--seeing some but not others?

Thanks,
Epee
This has happened to me before also. Must be some kind of site glitch. I haven't had this happen to me for awhile tho.

d
Canuck savant

Moves
29 Mar 09

Are you using the conditional move feature? I've had that happen before and since the conditional move is played automatically, you don't get to see that particular screen. The system sends out an email with the message so you don't miss it.

I think. Its been awhile.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
29 Mar 09

Originally posted by dweezil
Are you using the conditional move feature? I've had that happen before and since the conditional move is played automatically, you don't get to see that particular screen. The system sends out an email with the message so you don't miss it.

I think. Its been awhile.
I know I have never used conditional moves. And it happened to me a couple of times, I'm pretty sure that was before RHP added conditional moves as a feature.

e

Moves
29 Mar 09

I am doing some experimenting to see if I can get the game screen to NOT show opponent messages consistantly. Guessing that it might have to to with the log-on proceedure (?).

When I did a full log on the most recent opponent message appeared without problem. I will see what happens when I jump directly to the "My Games" using a favorites link.

By the by, I am not using conditional moves, at least there are none in my que.

Let's lick this problem. It's annoying!

Thanks for at least letting me know I was not the only one who had exprienced this.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
29 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by epee
I am doing some experimenting to see if I can get the game screen to NOT show opponent messages consistantly. Guessing that it might have to to with the log-on proceedure (?).

When I did a full log on the most recent opponent message appeared without problem. I will see what happens when I jump directly to the "My Games" using a favorites link.

By the by, ying!

Thanks for at least letting me know I was not the only one who had exprienced this.
You're welcome. And Like I said it hasn't happened to me for a while. But yes it is quite annoying. I'm sure my opponents were thinking I was just being rude to them by not responding to their friendly messages. Once I noticed it I messaged them and made it clear what had happened.