Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Subscriber robbie carrobie
    mostly harmless
    27 Feb '10 15:30
    Hi, what can one do when there is a game that has been played and the history is incomplete? Is there any way to get the details of that game? when i try the pgn is empty.
  2. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    27 Feb '10 20:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hi, what can one do when there is a game that has been played and the history is incomplete? Is there any way to get the details of that game? when i try the pgn is empty.
    I don't think there is anything we can do about those. I have a number of those kinds of games. I believe what could be fixed already has been.
  3. Subscriber robbie carrobie
    mostly harmless
    27 Feb '10 22:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    b b b b but what about posterity? how shall they recognise the beauty? will someone uncover the server in five hundred years and reclaim the lost data and reconstruct the game? ohhh it is too painful to contemplate.
  4. 27 Feb '10 23:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    b b b b but what about posterity?
    OK, you caught David Tebb in a Fool's Mate cause he wasn't paying attention. No big deal that the game score is lost, get over it.
  5. 28 Feb '10 13:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hi, what can one do when there is a game that has been played and the history is incomplete? Is there any way to get the details of that game? when i try the pgn is empty.
    Are these games on RHP from the days 5th and 6th December 2009 when there was a long Outage? If so I think the answer is in Thread No. 122622; see Russ's posts of 11 Dec '09 09:19, 13 Dec '09 16:18 and 14 Dec '09 09:01.
  6. Subscriber robbie carrobie
    mostly harmless
    28 Feb '10 17:41
    Originally posted by Essex 3
    Are these games on RHP from the days 5th and 6th December 2009 when there was a long Outage? If so I think the answer is in Thread No. 122622; see Russ's posts of 11 Dec '09 09:19, 13 Dec '09 16:18 and 14 Dec '09 09:01.
    Hi, the game was begun 03 Dec '09 00:30 and ended 10 January. The Reason i need this game is that it illustrates a very valuable point, the use of a technique, the blockade, otherwise i would not bother with it.
  7. Subscriber robbie carrobie
    mostly harmless
    28 Feb '10 17:41
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    OK, you caught David Tebb in a Fool's Mate cause he wasn't paying attention. No big deal that the game score is lost, get over it.
    Mr.Tebb can run, but he cannot hide!