Standard memberIntermezzo
Help 15 Jul '10 11:45
  1. Joined
    22 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 11:45
    Hi,

Has anyone managed to get this working?
    I tried accessing the "iphone.redhotpawn.com" URL from my iphone and got a blank grey page.
    Then I tried the same URL from my laptop and got... a blank grey page.
    Finally, I tried the iphone app store search and got... yes you guessed it... a blank grey page!
    It seems that the log in bar on the home page does not get displayed on the Safari browser from the phone either so I currently can't access games from my iphone. This is frustrating and I am getting wthdrawal symtoms. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

'mezzo
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 12:22
    Originally posted by Intermezzo
    Hi,

Has anyone managed to get this working?
    I tried accessing the "iphone.redhotpawn.com" URL from my iphone and got a blank grey page.
    Then I tried the same URL from my laptop and got... a blank grey page.
    Finally, I tried the iphone app store search and got... yes you guessed it... a blank grey page!
    It seems that the log in bar on the home page ...[text shortened]... his is frustrating and I am getting wthdrawal symtoms. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

'mezzo
    The iphone site should still display properly in pretty much any browser on any device. If you're getting a grey screen on different devices then it's probably either a temporary fault with the site or an issue with your internet connection.

How are you getting a connection with the iPhone and laptop - wireless access to a router?
  3. Joined
    22 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 12:27
    Not a temporary fault as I have tried successive times over the last few weeks.
    Web connection is usually via GPRS or 3G. Can't remember if I've tried it via wi-fi or not.

Do you know if I should be seeing the log in bar on the Safari browser as I used to check my games via the standard site before that disappeared?

'mezzo
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 14:55
    Originally posted by Intermezzo
    Not a temporary fault as I have tried successive times over the last few weeks.
    Web connection is usually via GPRS or 3G. Can't remember if I've tried it via wi-fi or not.

Do you know if I should be seeing the log in bar on the Safari browser as I used to check my games via the standard site before that disappeared?

'mezzo
    Well, if I open the site in Safari on my PC or laptop I get the log in bar so I assume you should as well.

Have you tried clearing the cache on your iPhone or laptop?
  5. Joined
    22 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 22:01
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Well, if I open the site in Safari on my PC or laptop I get the log in bar so I assume you should as well.

Have you tried clearing the cache on your iPhone or laptop?
    Hi Daemon,

Tried clearing the cache on my iphone and still no red log in bar if I go to the standard www.redhotpawn.com URL. It is simply missing.

No problem getting the main RHP site on my laptop but if I enter http://iphone.redhotpawn.com on the laptop I get an error message and with the same URL on my iphone just a blank grey screen.
    Wierd!
  6. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 17:15
    I can see the login page, but I cannot log in.

I keep getting "Please check your details and try again">
  7. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 20:26
    I can login now. I was using my user ID rather than my email.

I suggest the login screen should say "email" and "password" just like the main site.

Sorry for the false alarm.
  8. Joined
    22 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 21:53
    Thanks Jawh, but that not the problem.
    I simply can't see anything on the screen at the iphone.redhotpawn URL. Just a blank grey screen....
  9. Joined
    10 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 06:00
    Worked for me today. Put the http://iphone... url in, got the screens. Then, Bookmark the page (+) and choose the "Home Page" option. That way, you'll get the app on your screen

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree