Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 11 Feb '06 16:02 / 2 edits
    One of my RHP friends wrote me about a strange situatsion in one his game. Chessly he is in very bad position and wants to resign. But he cannot because the opponent is next to move and he has not done it for a few months already. My friend could take the move timeout win but he will not do that as he wants to win or loose only pure chessly and does not accept this kind of wins. So what to do? Could he still resign somehow?
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    11 Feb '06 16:22
    Originally posted by taadi31
    One of my RHP friends wrote me about a strange situatsion in one his game. Chessly he is in very bad position and wants to resign. But he cannot because the opponent is next to move and he has not done it for a few months already. My friend could take the move timeout win but he will not do that as he wants to win or loose only pure chessly and does not accept this kind of wins. So what to do? Could he still resign somehow?
    He either needs to take the win, or just archive the game as is. If that player ever comes back and makes a move, he will get the timeout unless he notices the move.

    Other than that, PM to Russ to ask him to do it.

    P-
  3. 11 Feb '06 16:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    He either needs to take the win, or just archive the game as is. If that player ever comes back and makes a move, he will get the timeout unless he notices the move.

    Other than that, PM to Russ to ask him to do it.

    P-
    He can also wait until the new board code is released, which shouldn't take too long. In the new version, it's possible to resign when it's not your turn.
  4. 12 Feb '06 13:49
    Tell him to just take the time out.....jebus, don't go bothering Russ with this kind on nonsense, if the opponent disappeared months ago, the solution is simple, click on the skull and be done with it.
  5. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    12 Feb '06 17:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Drumbo
    Tell him to just take the time out.....jebus, don't go bothering Russ with this kind on nonsense, if the opponent disappeared months ago, the solution is simple, click on the skull and be done with it.
    I agree. This is not even a moral question, the opponent has lost by the time rules, which are just as valid as the moves on the board.

    (Though, yeah, the new board code will allow resignation on the opponent's move)
  6. 13 Feb '06 21:52
    If I were a busy site administrator, I'd be very annoyed at such a petty bothersome rquest....just click on the skull.