Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    21 Aug '07 16:29
    I dont want to offend anyone, but occaisionally when quoting others directly there are words which this website doesn't like. Using astericks doesn't seem get round the problem.

    Is there a list of banned words?
  2. 21 Aug '07 16:50
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I dont want to offend anyone, but occaisionally when quoting others directly there are words which this website doesn't like. Using astericks doesn't seem get round the problem.

    Is there a list of banned words?
    You can certainly not use the words like ****, ****, nor ****.
  3. 21 Aug '07 18:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You can certainly not use the words like ****, ****, nor ****.
    Having tried for the last 20 minutes to be amusing and give you a list of alternative abusive and swearwords, it seems the list is extensive.
    So I can't help, and am probably about to be banned anyway
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    22 Aug '07 11:15 / 1 edit
    Better make a list with words that are allowed then.

    - then
    - better
    - make
    - a
    - list
    - with
    - words
    - that
    - are
    - allowed
  5. 22 Aug '07 15:36
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Better make a list with words that are allowed then.

    - then
    - better
    - make
    - a
    - list
    - with
    - words
    - that
    - are
    - allowed
    not sure about the -a. It's a bit short for my taste!
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Aug '07 15:41
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I dont want to offend anyone, but occaisionally when quoting others directly there are words which this website doesn't like. Using astericks doesn't seem get round the problem.

    Is there a list of banned words?
    I don't know why people have such trouble figuring out what they should or should not say in the forums.

    Also, if you can't say the word, don't throw the * around... find a different word. The reason Russ doesn't want to see the words in the forum is because he doesn't want to... don't spell things wrong to get around the rule.

    P-
  7. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    22 Aug '07 16:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't know why people have such trouble figuring out what they should or should not say in the forums.

    Also, if you can't say the word, don't throw the * around... find a different word. The reason Russ doesn't want to see the words in the forum is because he doesn't want to... don't spell things wrong to get around the rule.

    P-
    My language will always steer clear of swear words. However when choosing a quote - said/written by someone else it is better to be accurate rather than mis-quote.
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Aug '07 16:37
    Originally posted by invigorate
    My language will always steer clear of swear words. However when choosing a quote - said/written by someone else it is better to be accurate rather than mis-quote.
    If they swore, don't quote them here. Chris Rock and Mark Twain are not given any posting privileges over RHP members.

    P-
  9. 22 Aug '07 19:05 / 1 edit
    There was a thread somewhere -

    Originally posted by Russ
    Forum moderation
    1) Obfuscating swear words is no better than posting the word in its true form.