Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    21 Aug '07 16:29
    I dont want to offend anyone, but occaisionally when quoting others directly there are words which this website doesn't like. Using astericks doesn't seem get round the problem.

Is there a list of banned words?
  2. 21 Aug '07 16:50
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I dont want to offend anyone, but occaisionally when quoting others directly there are words which this website doesn't like. Using astericks doesn't seem get round the problem.

You can certainly not use the words like ****, ****, nor ****.
  3. 21 Aug '07 18:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You can certainly not use the words like ****, ****, nor ****.
    Having tried for the last 20 minutes to be amusing and give you a list of alternative abusive and swearwords, it seems the list is extensive.
    So I can't help, and am probably about to be banned anyway
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    22 Aug '07 11:15 / 1 edit
    Better make a list with words that are allowed then.

- then
    - better
    - make
    - a
    - list
    - with
    - words
    - that
    - are
    - allowed
  5. 22 Aug '07 15:36
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Better make a list with words that are allowed then.

- then
    - better
    - make
    - a
    - list
    - with
    - words
    - that
    - are
    - allowed
    not sure about the -a. It's a bit short for my taste!
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Aug '07 15:41

I don't know why people have such trouble figuring out what they should or should not say in the forums.

Also, if you can't say the word, don't throw the * around... find a different word. The reason Russ doesn't want to see the words in the forum is because he doesn't want to... don't spell things wrong to get around the rule.

P-
  7. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    22 Aug '07 16:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't know why people have such trouble figuring out what they should or should not say in the forums.

Also, if you can't say the word, don't throw the * around... find a different word. The reason Russ doesn't want to see the words in the forum is because he doesn't want to... don't spell things wrong to get around the rule.

P-
    My language will always steer clear of swear words. However when choosing a quote - said/written by someone else it is better to be accurate rather than mis-quote.
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Aug '07 16:37
    My language will always steer clear of swear words. However when choosing a quote - said/written by someone else it is better to be accurate rather than mis-quote.
    If they swore, don't quote them here. Chris Rock and Mark Twain are not given any posting privileges over RHP members.

P-
  9. 22 Aug '07 19:05 / 1 edit
    There was a thread somewhere -

Originally posted by Russ
    Forum moderation
    1) Obfuscating swear words is no better than posting the word in its true form.