1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 01:431 edit
    Originally posted by TheSurgeon
    I should probably clarify my question better. If you click on the homepage for any club you will see on the left side it lists the top 5 most recent club members and on the right side it lists the top 5 rated club players.

I'm trying to understand how it comes up with that top 5 rated club player list because the player with the highest club rating is ...[text shortened]... sted as one of the top 5 club players. So it doesn't seem to be based solely on club ratings.
    Hadn't looked closely at that list before, but I've just been doing a bit of research. It seems that players on p1200 are rated according to their games, so if they've only played 1 or 2 games and have not lost any games they will appear in the list. Minor bug in the programming, I'd say.
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 09:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Is that supposed to make sense? This isn't the GF. 😠
    :o Im sorry!

/me runs and hides:o
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 09:42
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    :o Im sorry!

/me runs and hides:o
    😀
  4. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 13:01
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Hadn't looked closely at that list before, but I've just been doing a bit of research. It seems that players on p1200 are rated according to their games, so if they've only played 1 or 2 games and have not lost any games they will appear in the list. Minor bug in the programming, I'd say.
    It's certainly strange because if you search the club members you are going to find other club members with higher club ratings that are not in the top 5. So you will get this guy with a p1200 rank (site rank of 1050) in the top 5 list when there are other club members with a p1400 rank in the club that don't make the top 5.

In fact, I have a p1200 rating in one club I'm in and I have only played 3 club games and won them all and yet this other guy with p1200 and only 1 club game played and won is in the top 5 but I am not.

I've started to wonder if the title is just misleading and it should not be "Top 5 RATED" but rather "Top 5 Most Active" because they have posted on forums in the club or visited more club pages more frequently, etc.

I really don't know, but if it is supposed to truly be the top 5 rated then the whole system is totally messed up.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '10 13:481 edit
    It's a bit complicated but I reckon what is happening is as follows: In your first five games your rating is calculated as being your opponent's rating plus 400 for a win, your opponents rating minus 400 for a loss.Although your rating is shown as p1200, the system is keeping track of your scoring. In the Ireland Club the top player is given as Shoveltooth. He has played one game in which he beat Finnegan (Club rating 1479) so somewhere the system is giving him a rating of 1879 and top place.
  6. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '10 17:44
    Originally posted by Bull McCabe
    It's a bit complicated but I reckon what is happening is as follows: In your first five games your rating is calculated as being your opponent's rating plus 400 for a win, your opponents rating minus 400 for a loss.Although your rating is shown as p1200, the system is keeping track of your scoring. In the Ireland Club the top player is given as Shoveltoo ...[text shortened]... negan (Club rating 1479) so somewhere the system is giving him a rating of 1879 and top place.
    Thanks for that explanation as that's something I hadn't considered. So it just so happens that this player beat someone in the club that had a higher club rating than the opponents I had played because he took on someone who had been in the club longer and had accumulated a higher club rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree