ladder game

ladder game

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
05 May 10

I have challenged a player above me in the 1 day timeout ladder. I am playing the black pieces. The player I have challenged will not move and his timebank is not depleting so I am eternally stuck.

How can I escape this problom?

my2sons

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
05 May 10

Originally posted by my2sons
I have challenged a player above me in the 1 day timeout ladder. I am playing the black pieces. The player I have challenged will not move and his timebank is not depleting so I am eternally stuck.

my2sons
You mean this game: Game 7407473

It's a 1 day timeout and the game started about 15 hours ago so your opponent still has about 9 hours before his timebank will deplete.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
05 May 10

my2sons
Wait for them to move.

Apparently he stopped playing chess around 18 hours ago.
16 hours ago after watching some TV he went to bed
8 hours ago he rose and went to work
7 hours ago he started work after travelling for 1 hour
in 2 hours time he will arrive home having worked an 8 hour day
in 3 hours time having had his supper he will play some chess

Patience.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
05 May 10

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
You mean this game: Game 7407473

It's a 1 day timeout and the game started about 15 hours ago so your opponent still has about 9 hours before his timebank will deplete.
Yes I am referring to game Game 7407473.

However, it does not show white's timebank depleting at all.

F

Moves
05 May 10

Yes I am referring to game Game 7407473.

However, it does not show white's timebank depleting at all.
Clock is ticking, don't worry.
8 days after the game was started you will see a skull. Click it and you will have the win.

Or abort the game and challenge someone else.

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
05 May 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Clock is ticking, don't worry.
8 days after the game was started you will see a skull. Click it and you will have the win.

Or abort the game and challenge someone else.
More directly: There's a bug in tournaments/ladders/sieges/maybe clan games? that means white's clock is only shown to be running after he makes a move. This does not reflect what is really going on; his time is depleting.

F

Moves
05 May 10

Originally posted by randolph
More directly: There's a bug in tournaments/ladders/sieges/maybe clan games? that means white's clock is only shown to be running after he makes a move. This does not reflect what is really going on; his time is depleting.
In every game that the first white move isn't yet done the time seems not be ticking. But it is really. In background somewhere.

I would like to have the clock ticking showingly from the first second. It doesn't. So I think this can be seen as a bug.

However, it's not that important, but it's confusing.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 May 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
In every game that the first white move isn't yet done the time seems not be ticking. But it is really. In background somewhere.

I would like to have the clock ticking showingly from the first second. It doesn't. So I think this can be seen as a bug.

However, it's not that important, but it's confusing.
A bug. A long standing one too - it really needs a fix. We get plenty of feedback about it too.

T

Moves
06 May 10
1 edit

TAMPERMAN

NOTTINGHAM

Moves
18 May 10

I challenged a player in the 14 day timeout ladder, he got white and has not moved so his timeout is not depleting. Checking his profile shows he has not moved for 63 days. Any ideas how to get out of this game.

TAMPERMAN

NOTTINGHAM

Moves
19 May 10

Originally posted by tamperman
I challenged a player in the 14 day timeout ladder, he got white and has not moved so his timeout is not depleting. Checking his profile shows he has not moved for 63 days. Any ideas how to get out of this game.
Problem partly solved, Click the info on your games list The summary info shows time depleting and time remaining.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
20 May 10

Originally posted by tamperman
Problem partly solved,
Wait another 4 days, then locate the skull in the Actions column on your My Games page and claim the time out.
That should solve further parts of your problem.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Jul 10

This bug has now been fixed.