Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 05 May '10 13:40
    I have challenged a player above me in the 1 day timeout ladder. I am playing the black pieces. The player I have challenged will not move and his timebank is not depleting so I am eternally stuck.

    How can I escape this problom?

    my2sons
  2. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    05 May '10 14:04
    Originally posted by my2sons
    I have challenged a player above me in the 1 day timeout ladder. I am playing the black pieces. The player I have challenged will not move and his timebank is not depleting so I am eternally stuck.

    How can I escape this problom?

    my2sons
    You mean this game: Game 7407473

    It's a 1 day timeout and the game started about 15 hours ago so your opponent still has about 9 hours before his timebank will deplete.
  3. 05 May '10 14:31
    Originally posted by my2sons
    I have challenged a player above me in the 1 day timeout ladder. I am playing the black pieces. The player I have challenged will not move and his timebank is not depleting so I am eternally stuck.

    How can I escape this problom?

    my2sons
    Wait for them to move.

    Apparently he stopped playing chess around 18 hours ago.
    16 hours ago after watching some TV he went to bed
    8 hours ago he rose and went to work
    7 hours ago he started work after travelling for 1 hour
    in 2 hours time he will arrive home having worked an 8 hour day
    in 3 hours time having had his supper he will play some chess

    Patience.
  4. 05 May '10 18:10
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You mean this game: Game 7407473

    It's a 1 day timeout and the game started about 15 hours ago so your opponent still has about 9 hours before his timebank will deplete.
    Yes I am referring to game Game 7407473.

    However, it does not show white's timebank depleting at all.
  5. 05 May '10 18:20
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Yes I am referring to game Game 7407473.

    However, it does not show white's timebank depleting at all.
    Clock is ticking, don't worry.
    8 days after the game was started you will see a skull. Click it and you will have the win.

    Or abort the game and challenge someone else.
  6. Standard member randolph
    the walrus
    05 May '10 19:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Clock is ticking, don't worry.
    8 days after the game was started you will see a skull. Click it and you will have the win.

    Or abort the game and challenge someone else.
    More directly: There's a bug in tournaments/ladders/sieges/maybe clan games? that means white's clock is only shown to be running after he makes a move. This does not reflect what is really going on; his time is depleting.
  7. 05 May '10 21:12
    Originally posted by randolph
    More directly: There's a bug in tournaments/ladders/sieges/maybe clan games? that means white's clock is only shown to be running after he makes a move. This does not reflect what is really going on; his time is depleting.
    In every game that the first white move isn't yet done the time seems not be ticking. But it is really. In background somewhere.

    I would like to have the clock ticking showingly from the first second. It doesn't. So I think this can be seen as a bug.

    However, it's not that important, but it's confusing.
  8. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    06 May '10 12:31
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In every game that the first white move isn't yet done the time seems not be ticking. But it is really. In background somewhere.

    I would like to have the clock ticking showingly from the first second. It doesn't. So I think this can be seen as a bug.

    However, it's not that important, but it's confusing.
    A bug. A long standing one too - it really needs a fix. We get plenty of feedback about it too.
  9. 06 May '10 15:00 / 1 edit
  10. Subscriber tamperman
    TAMPERMAN
    18 May '10 22:38
    I challenged a player in the 14 day timeout ladder, he got white and has not moved so his timeout is not depleting. Checking his profile shows he has not moved for 63 days. Any ideas how to get out of this game.
  11. Subscriber tamperman
    TAMPERMAN
    19 May '10 07:40
    Originally posted by tamperman
    I challenged a player in the 14 day timeout ladder, he got white and has not moved so his timeout is not depleting. Checking his profile shows he has not moved for 63 days. Any ideas how to get out of this game.
    Problem partly solved, Click the info on your games list The summary info shows time depleting and time remaining.
  12. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    20 May '10 09:24
    Originally posted by tamperman
    Problem partly solved,
    Wait another 4 days, then locate the skull in the Actions column on your My Games page and claim the time out.
    That should solve further parts of your problem.
  13. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    14 Jul '10 08:33
    This bug has now been fixed.