Log out

Log out

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Jan 06

Why do I have to log out?
What happens if I just close the browser and my connection?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
27 Jan 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Why do I have to log out?
What happens if I just close the browser and my connection?
Log out is for people who use public computers.

D

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
27 Jan 06

If you don't log out doesn't your account stay 'active' (for lack of a better word) and you use up unecessary bandwidth?
I know I've just shut down my computer at work without logging off from the site and when I get home RHP comes right up and I'm still logged in.

I could be talking out of my whaddyacallit too. 🙄

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
28 Jan 06

Jesus Ragnorak! Where did you get that hideous avatar?! I dare anyone to drag it up to their address bar for a proper look. 😛

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
28 Jan 06

Originally posted by Frank Burns
Jesus Ragnorak! Where did you get that hideous avatar?! I dare anyone to drag it up to their address bar for a proper look. 😛
Funny. I was thinking the same thing about yours 😀

I don't think you stay active on the site if you don't log off. I never log off. Even on public computers that I use frequently. I've found that I'm pretty much the only person around that would ever think of going to a correspondence chess site. I'm probably logged in on 10-15 different computers right now.

F

Moves
28 Jan 06

Originally posted by Saint Nick
I'm probably logged in on 10-15 different computers right now.
So, you never log out och therefore you never have to log in again?

N

The sky

Moves
28 Jan 06

I used to get automatically logged out on one computer when playing on a different one, until I found the option "Enable multiple browsers to be logged into the same account" (in "My Site Settings" ). Now I usually don't log out or in anymore. It also works with the different sites (RHP, TFC etc.) on the same computer.

(I like the "och" in your post. 😉 )

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
29 Jan 06

Exactly. I enabled the allow multiple log in sites (what ever that setting is..).
Now, I log in at a computer once and then never again.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 Jan 06
1 edit

If you don't log out doesn't your account stay 'active' (for lack of a better word) and you use up unecessary bandwidth?
I know I've just shut down my computer at work without logging off from the site and when I get home RHP comes right up and I'm still logged in.

I could be talking out of my whaddyacallit too. 🙄
You are talking utter nonsense. Just being logged in will not use bandwidth in the slightest. Where is the site sending something if your computer is off or disconnected or doesn't have the right port open?

F

Moves
29 Jan 06

(I like the "och" in your post. 😉 )
Sorry my 'och'. Now I have an influenza and my foreign language skills had obviously got a turn. Does ‘och’ mean anything to other then Swedish speaking people?

Two questions:
(1) Doesn’t even RHP staff disagree that I never logout again?
(2) Should I be surprised if I some day find all my games resigned and naughty messages sent to all my combatants if I not log out from the public computer at the library?

Do anyone find any language errors in this posting? If so, I go straight to bed again. 😵

Sais

Berks.

Moves
29 Jan 06

It does make it into the English language, courtesy of the Scots:

Expr. regret, irritation, etc.: ah! oh!

W

Netherlands, Utrecht

Moves
30 Jan 06

You don't keep logged in ... you will be out signed out after a short time (else the green dot off ONLINE would be there always)
You just automaticly log IN again when you open the site again (cookies).

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by WOScorpion
You don't keep logged in ... you will be out signed out after a short time (else the green dot off ONLINE would be there always)
You just automaticly log IN again when you open the site again (cookies).
The green dot means active (has moved in the last 10 minutes).

W

Netherlands, Utrecht

Moves
01 Feb 06

ok, i thought it was being online ..

Indicate to other users that you are online and moving. You may let other users know that you are online by selecting this option. This icon will appear next to your name on some pages.

N

Small Town Manitoba

Moves
05 Feb 06

Cool! I didn't know you could do that. Dragged nurse betty up for a proper look as well. 😉