1. Yorkshire
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 18:24
    How can your opponent delete the game but still allow your timebank to deplete?

Thanks for any help.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 02:051 edit
    That statement is contradictory. Either your opponent has trash-binned the game (available first 2-3 moves only) in which case the game no longer exists and its associated time control has also disappeared; or you can still see a time control which means the game is still in existence. More details would be useful.

If you're talking about Game 8262040, your opponent has attempted to promote a pawn but apparently not finished the job, so it's showing "incomplete game history" on that game in the Public Games page. Try sending him a PM, he may be able to access the board, otherwise sending feedback may be necessary.
  3. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 11:291 edit
    Many Thanks, sorry my explanation was somewhat garbled and unclear.

It is Game 8262040 . What concerns me is how can this happen, there must be a flaw in the RHP system to allow this.Mammal has already moved,promoting the pawn but they now have a second move!!! Mammal also gave the impression by message they not would lose the game or at least prolong it further to avoid defeat!
    Messaging them will serve no purpose as I'm convinced this is a 'trick' they have performed in order to prevent them losing the game, and while their timebank is depleting I feel they now can move a second time by Queening the promoted pawn which they have alreadty moved! It should now be my move not theirs!!!
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 15:14
    Originally posted by gothcharles
    [b]Many Thanks, sorry my explanation was somewhat garbled and unclear.

It is Game 8262040 . What concerns me is how can this happen, there must be a flaw in the RHP system to allow this.
    You really should send feedback to admin. They write the code and can look into the situation.

Most of the members who respond to questions in the "help forum" are just members like yourself, who will try and offer assistance when possible. Sometimes we have answers and other times we're unable to help sort out a problem.

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like something the programmers (admin) need to look at. That's why you need to send a feedback report.

I'm sure they read the "help forum" periodically but it could also be overlooked, whereas a feedback will get their attention.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 15:40
    In fact after hitting submit on a move when the pawn hits the endline you get a new window asking you to chose your figure. It seems however that this can be used to stall a game infinitely.

So there should be something in the programming code, that the skull will appear anyway. But how? The default piece should be a Queen. BUt if the Queen would give chekcmate we would be in a tight spot (not the case here)
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 16:111 edit
    Since the pawn promotion move is a two-part process, the initial moving of the pawn to the 8th rank should be ignored until the promotion process is completed. Once the pawn is moved AND promoted, the move would be considered as completed.

If the promotion selection part of the move is not done, the clock should continue to run as if no move has been made at all, which would be technically correct.

I'm not a "code monkey" like Russ, but it would probably require adding a subroutine that kicks in when a pawn-promotion move is encountered, since it needs to be handled differently than other standard moves.
  7. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 21:36
    thanks guys for the replys, I have sent feedback about the situation.
    As has been said, as my opponent has not completed their move, their clock should still be run down as it was with the skull but since moveing the pawn to the 8th rank their clock has reinstated time and the skull gone!
  8. Joined
    23 Dec '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 15:09
    I have opponente who have delete the game. I want to remove htese opponente frommel my list and have restend. But nog I have 5 games lost wilde they have not doen any move, how can?
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 18:02
    Originally posted by King Jacob
    I have opponente who have delete the game. I want to remove htese opponente frommel my list and have restend. But nog I have 5 games lost wilde they have not doen any move, how can?
    You've only been a member for four days and have played six games but only one is rated... all three of your ongoing games have timebank left..you could have deleted one game that you hadn't moved in, but you chose to resign it. That's all I can see from your game list.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 23:26
    Originally posted by King Jacob
    Why have you resigned games?
    Do you know that as a non subscriber you can only play six games at one time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree