Standard memberadriano81
Help 06 Jan '10 21:59
  1. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 21:59
    I'm a new subscriber...
    Please advise if I can change my vacation dates until they start not to miss count (36 days during the year), for example I booked January 22d - January 31st. 10 days being used. If I decide on January 21st to change them for some others, for example February 1st - February 5th, and they count just 5 days out of 36. Please confirm
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 00:55
    Yes, they can be canceled as a block or as individual days.
  3. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 09:12
    thanks... also please advise if I understand rules correctly - before my vacation starts all my games should be on opponent move - is it right? what will be if couple games will be still on my move when my vacation begins?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 09:211 edit
    Originally posted by adriano81
    thanks... also please advise if I understand rules correctly - before my vacation starts all my games should be on opponent move - is it right? what will be if couple games will be still on my move when my vacation begins?
    The only difference of being on vacation and not is that noone can time you out during your vacation, noone. That's called immunity from time-outs.

During your vacation your opponent can move in any game, you can move in any game, every clock in every game is ticking, you can even time others out but they cannot time you out.

Remember also, that a vacation starts and stops at midnight GMT, not at your midnight, not anytime.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 09:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Remember also, that a vacation starts and stops at midnight GMT, not at your midnight, not anytime.
    Absolutely important to know your time zone in relation to GMT.
  6. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 11:26
    and what if for example before vacation starts I have game with time out in 2 hours, after my vacation ends I need to move within this 2 hours?
    ...or before my vacation ends I need to follow if every my game aware of TIMing OUT?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 11:521 edit
    and what if for example before vacation starts I have game with time out in 2 hours, after my vacation ends I need to move within this 2 hours?
    ...or before my vacation ends I need to follow if every my game aware of TIMing OUT?
    Avoid the little funny yellow skull to appear when vecation is over.
    If it does, pray to Caíssa that your opponent doesn't notice it.

To be on vacation gives you immunity for time-outs, nothing more.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 13:23
    Best way is to allow one extra day of vacation at the end, so that you will have time to move in all your games before the vacation marker comes down.
  9. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 14:00
    O, thanks... that's the one I wait to hear )))
  10. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 13:19
    Dear ALL,

Please advise if it's TRUE. All TIMEBANKS, I mean for example 2010 Tournaments expires even if person is on vacation. Please confirm

Therefore also need to know if during my vacation tournaments which has for example TIME OUT - 2 days and TIMEBANK - 7 days, timebank may be used or not?
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 13:27
    Dear ALL,

Please advise if it's TRUE. All TIMEBANKS, I mean for example 2010 Tournaments expires even if person is on vacation. Please confirm

Therefore also need to know if during my vacation tournaments which has for example TIME OUT - 2 days and TIMEBANK - 7 days, timebank may be used or not?
    When the time bank is out, vacation or not, it is out.

If you don't have ane time bank left, and you're not on vacation, then you are subject of a timeout whenever it's your turn.

So if you are a participant of the "2010 Championship" tournament with a thinking time of 0/60, then you are in trubble if you use up too much of vacation days.

Is this an answer to your question?
  12. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 23:25
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When the time bank is out, vacation or not, it is out.

If you don't have ane time bank left, and you're not on vacation, then you are subject of a timeout whenever it's your turn.

So if you are a participant of the "2010 Championship" tournament with a thinking time of 0/60, then you are in trubble if you use up too much of vacation days.

Is this an answer to your question?
    mostly YES

I have one more - if I participate in tournament with following condition: TIME OUT - 3 days, TIMEBANK - 7 days, and have a vacation for example for 14 days

when I get back to chessboard on 13 th day of my vacation will I be able to make a move or not... does TIMEBANK expires when TIME OUT not equals ZERO like in 2010 TOURNAMENT.. please advise
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 09:061 edit
    mostly YES

I have one more - if I participate in tournament with following condition: TIME OUT - 3 days, TIMEBANK - 7 days, and have a vacation for example for 14 days

when I get back to chessboard on 13 th day of my vacation will I be able to make a move or not... does TIMEBANK expires when TIME OUT not equals ZERO like in 2010 TOURNAMENT.. please advise
    When you participate in a tournament of (3/7), then a day before the 14 days of vacation is over your time on that particular game, on that particular move your time now is (0/0). In your opponents Game Page on the line of your game there is a vacation icon instead of a skull icon, meaning that your time is out, but you cannot be timed out at the moment, because you're still on vacation and therefore have immunity.

It's generally a good idea to have a vacation day more than you need, becaue you have a lot of movng to do and a immunity is good to have in case of lack of time.

So now you're back from your travel, and you have one vacation day left. Make a move on every game you have and you will (in this game in particular) have a thinking time of (3/0). The zero will, sorry to say, remain until the game is over. Now your tournamet has turnd from a (3/7) to a (3/0) tournament.

This is a lot of explaining, but it's very much simpler: The rules (the things to remember) are:
    (1) You cannot be timed out during your vacation. You have immunity.
    (2) The clocks are ticking during your vacation, as they normally do.
    (3) Your vacation starts and ends at midnight GMT. Calculate yourself what this is in your own time-zone.
    And an advice:
    (4) Give yourself an extra vacation day at the start and an extra day or two at then end, especially if you have many games to handle.

Now, go back to the beginning of this thread, and reread everything once more. If you still are nervous how the thing works, then practice with a single day of vacation and try everything out. When you rellay need a vacation, then you know everything about it, or at least, everything you need to know about it.
  14. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 07:29
    I find your information very usefull... thank you very much

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree