New Game with Chess Engine

New Game with Chess Engine

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Feb 14

Hello, and sorry for my poor english...

i just posted an open invite writing in the title that in that game me and the opponent will use chess engines (i was thinking that this can be a new interesting experience)...can you say me if in this site it's legal the use of chess engine if two players BOTH know this condition before the start?

Thanks and regards

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
09 Feb 14

Originally posted by Lorenzaccio
Hello, and sorry for my poor english...
i just posted an open invite writing in the title that in that game me and the opponent will use chess engines (i was thinking that this can be a new interesting experience)...can you say me if in this site it's legal the use of chess engine if two players BOTH know this condition before the start?

Thanks and regards
Have you read the terms of service ?
What you are suggesting is just 2 machines playing each other.
Just like 2 people having a footrace but they both use race cars.
Learn to play chess and stop this nonsense.
🙄

Australia

Moves
09 Feb 14

Using an engine on this site is forbidden - period. Doesn't matter if you're both doing it and you both know the other one's doing it. Anyway, what's the point? You might just as well take your engine to a site where they offer you an engine for an opponent, and let the two machines fight it out without involving anyone else. "My engine can beat your engine" sounds like something for kindy kids to say.

Moves
09 Feb 14

Originally posted by caissad4
Have you read the terms of service ?
What you are suggesting is just 2 machines playing each other.
Just like 2 people having a footrace but they both use race cars.
Learn to play chess and stop this nonsense.
🙄
by the way, i learned chess long time ago...and my present high ranking is the prove of this

so, you can read here that my idea is not so wild and "nonsense": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Chess

of course, i will respect the rules of this site, but i still think that i'm so strong that games are often very boring (as my statistics explain)

bye

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
10 Feb 14

by the way, i learned chess long time ago...and my present high ranking is the prove of this

so, you can read here that my idea is not so wild and "nonsense": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Chess

of course, i will respect the rules of this site, but i still think that i'm so strong that games are often very boring (as my statistics explain)

bye
Well, I see nothing wrong with what you're requesting, certainly as there are goodness knows how many that have no intention of letting their opposition know that they fully intend to break most rules in the RHP book anyway...they couldn't give a damn and they know full well they'll get away with it !!
Yes, 'advanced chess' indeed...
Just make the game unrated, if both parties agree then it doesn't matter one iota...

Moves
10 Feb 14

thanks, RevRSleeker....

i was not considering the question about the rating, and i admitt that it's a good question. but, using your suggestion, i'm going to start an open invite unrated and with the clear note that both players can use an engine

thanks again, i hope see you in a game

S

Moves
11 Feb 14

I wondered if I could ask a question please, what is a chess engine?

I've only ever played chess on RHP, and I hear lots of talk about engines but don't really understand.

Willy......

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
12 Feb 14

Originally posted by Sirdubalot
I wondered if I could ask a question please, what is a chess engine?

I've only ever played chess on RHP, and I hear lots of talk about engines but don't really understand.

Willy......
A chess engine is a computer programm which "plays" chess. There are several programmes available. I think Houdini might be one of the stronger ones as is "Fritz". You might come over these names in the discussions.

It is strictly forbidden to get suggestions from chess engines on this site. But some member find it useful to analyse their games and find out where they blundered (or their opponent) and to find missed shots to improve the chess thinking.

S

Moves
12 Feb 14

Originally posted by Ponderable
A chess engine is a computer programm which "plays" chess. There are several programmes available. I think Houdini might be one of the stronger ones as is "Fritz". You might come over these names in the discussions.

It is strictly forbidden to get suggestions from chess engines on this site. But some member find it useful to analyse their games and fin ...[text shortened]... where they blundered (or their opponent) and to find missed shots to improve the chess thinking.
Thanks you for explaining, I am now wondering how one would know if someone you were playing in good faith was using one.

Hope the OP does not mind me asking on the thread, please say if its inappropriate.

Willy.....

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Feb 14

Thanks you for explaining, I am now wondering how one would know if someone you were playing in good faith was using one.

Hope the OP does not mind me asking on the thread, please say if its inappropriate.

Willy.....
Engine users are 2000+ (at least) and their rating profile looks like a ski-jump slope! The likes of you and I will not come across them often!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Feb 14
2 edits

bye
Your ranking is not so high and Game 10019124 shows
that you have plenty to learn.
(You should have lost in 15 moves if white had played Bf6 on move 14)

If I were you I would stick to the site rules.

Moves
14 Feb 14

ok, i'm a narcisisstic one: look at your ranking and think when you joined this site...and after that probably you will stop to judge my chess skills

Moves
14 Feb 14

Willy.....
usually, it's possible (but very boring) to create a statistic of chess engines' moves in any position and then compare it with the moves of human player...if there is a perfect or very high connexion you can be almost sure that your opponent is using an engine (but, of course, he can be Kasparov!!)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Feb 14

ok, i'm a narcisisstic one: look at your ranking and think when you joined this site...and after that probably you will stop to judge my chess skills
What has when I joined got to do with anything?
I've been playing for over 40 years I don't expect to improve now
(in fact I expect to get worse)

My point was that you are not at a stage where you need to study
engine analysis (and probably never will be).

s

Moves
25 Feb 14

hi Wolfgang, why don't u let the poor player think he's got a high rating? What difference does it make to u?
& why shouldn't we lowly graded players use chess engines to analyze our games?