1. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 02:41
    Is there any way that we can see how much time is left of the 36 days of someones vacation time?

If someone moves while they are on their vacation does the opponents time still counts down?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 16:38
    Originally posted by coentje
    Is there any way that we can see how much time is left of the 36 days of someones vacation time?

If someone moves while they are on their vacation does the opponents time still counts down?
    As I understand it - all timers continue to tick while a player is on vacation, and there is nothing in place to stop moves being made whilst on vacation.

I don't think you can check someone else's calendar - which seems a shame.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 21:24
    More questions:

What happens if I make a move during my own vacation? Is it at all possible?

Is my thinking time going to decrease during my vacation?
    An how about the time bank, is it also decreasing?
  4. The sky
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 21:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    More questions:

What happens if I make a move during my own vacation? Is it at all possible?

Is my thinking time going to decrease during my vacation?
    An how about the time bank, is it also decreasing?
    Yes, you can move during your own vacation.

Yes, the clock will still be ticking, and the time bank will start depleting once the move time has run out. You just can't be timed out once you don't have any time left. That means that if your time runs out, you need to move while you still have the vacation flag up if you don't want to give your opponent the opportunity to time you out.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:55
    Reckon it is only right that your opponent requires to be able to see how long you are on holiday for
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 11:441 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Reckon it is only right that your opponent requires to be able to see how long you are on holiday for
    What is to prevent someone from putting their vacation flag up and keeping it there indefinately to prevent a lost game from timing out?
    I'm playing a member that's one move from mate and he's stopped moving in our game, but still playing in all his others. Somehow I just know that when his 7 day timebank is almost out his vacation flag is going to pop up for a loooooooooong time. He's a real sport.
  7. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 12:16
    Your opponent is limited to 36 days of vacation per calendar year. But, yes, that will feel like a loooooooooong time to wait for the win.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 17:15
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    Your opponent is limited to 36 days of vacation per calendar year. But, yes, that will feel like a loooooooooong time to wait for the win.
    But most people won't want to waste their entire vacation time just to annoy one opponent.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 18:11
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    But most people won't want to waste their entire vacation time just to annoy one opponent.
    They would only have to "waste" 2 or 3 days on me and I'd resign - oops maybe I shouldn't have said that. 🙁
  10. The sky
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 18:46
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    They would only have to "waste" 2 or 3 days on me and I'd resign - oops maybe I shouldn't have said that. 🙁
    Shall we have a game? 😉
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 13:19
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Shall we have a game? 😉
    Nah I know your type; you're just trying to take advantage of my scumbag status. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree