1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 00:34
    I asked this once already but no one answered [at least I don't think they did]
    When someone moves in a game we get an email notification.
    When someone replies in a thread you have already posted in there should be a similar notification. Is this another case of subs only or what?
    Every other forum I've been on has this feature but I've looked in the FAQ's and settings here but don't see any reference to it.
    Thanks
  2. In your face
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 00:52
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I asked this once already but no one answered [at least I don't think they did]
    When someone moves in a game we get an email notification.
    When someone replies in a thread you have already posted in there should be a similar notification. Is this another case of subs only or what?
    Every other forum I've been on has this feature but I've looked in the FAQ's and settings here but don't see any reference to it.
    Thanks
    Don't think they do that, and I can understand why. Too many E-mails dude. Look at the 'Word Association' thread ,for example.Starrman would have received over 20,000 E-mails by now, regarding just one thread.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 01:171 edit
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    ..for example.Starrman would have received over 20,000 E-mails by now, regarding just one thread.
    Well on these other forums I mentioned, you only get one email per thread no matter how many replies there's been.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 02:38
    So;
    does everyone who comes back to this forum have to look for the threads they posted in, manually?
  5. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 05:17
    I usually forget which ones I've posted in
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 10:20
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Don't think they do that, and I can understand why. Too many E-mails dude. Look at the 'Word Association' thread ,for example.Starrman would have received over 20,000 E-mails by now, regarding just one thread.
    This could be circumvented by allowing users to turn the notification on and off on each thread - updating this whilst posting a reply.

If you look at the www.runnersworld.co.uk forums this is a good example where this works.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 23:47
    Originally posted by rhb
    This could be circumvented by allowing users to turn the notification on and off on each thread - updating this whilst posting a reply.
    Exactly.........this is the first forum I've been on that doesn't have this sort of feature. And it can't be a money issue because the ones I'm referring to are mainly free forums.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree