1. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 13:39
    Hi, all.

If a game is resigned before a move is played, are ratings impacted? If not, how many moves must be played before it is an 'official' game?

I ask because I'm involved in a banded tournament that will soon begin its second round and, quite honestly, I don't think that it's fair that I remain in it. However, I'm hoping to not lose points if I simply resign the games once the round starts.

Thanks for the help.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 14:193 edits
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Hi, all.

If a game is resigned before a move is played, are ratings impacted? If not, how many moves must be played before it is an 'official' game?

I ask because I'm involved in a banded tournament that will soon begin its second round and, quite honestly, I don't think that it's fair that I remain in it. However, I'm hoping to not lose points if I simply resign the games once the round starts.

Thanks for the help.
    The FAQ says ratings in a game are only calculated if both players have made 2 moves, but I'm not sure if that applies to Tournaments or not.
  3. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 14:34
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    The FAQ says ratings in a game are only calculated if both players have made 2 moves, but I'm not sure if that applies to Tournaments or not.
    Thanks, Daemon Sin. I saw that and should have been more specific in my inital post. I'm wondering if that applies to all games (i.e. clan, tournament, etc).
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 14:52
    Thanks, Daemon Sin. I saw that and should have been more specific in my inital post. I'm wondering if that applies to all games (i.e. clan, tournament, etc).
    All
  5. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 15:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    All
    Gracias.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 15:08
    Gracias.
    I just timed out two tourney games with 1 or 2 moves made only. No Impact.

I can't see that clan or siege or anything would be different.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree