Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 15 Dec '07 01:07
    how do i report a cheater?
  2. Standard member Jamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    15 Dec '07 01:45
    Why, are you cheating and still losing as well? Seems odd...
  3. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    15 Dec '07 10:36
    I have viewed all your inprogress games. and I feel obliged not to comment through lack of interest.
  4. 16 Dec '07 08:15
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    If you have genuine suspicions, notify the site admins at this link:

http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/core/feedback.php

Send feedback link is also at the bottom of the page.
  5. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    16 Dec '07 10:08
    I don't know which of your opponents you suspect.

I looked few a number of your games and could find nothing untoward. Being beaten by someone lower rated than you is hardly an indication that the lower rated player is a cheat.

If you want to find a cheat you need to look for sudden unexplained improvements, total changes of style and ability and, perhaps most important of all, typical computer moves. An opponent outplaying you tactically at your level does not indicate the latter.
  6. 16 Dec '07 22:53
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I don't know which of your opponents you suspect.

I looked few a number of your games and could find nothing untoward. Being beaten by someone lower rated than you is hardly an indication that the lower rated player is a cheat.

If you want to find a cheat you need to look for sudden unexplained improvements, total changes of style and ability and, ...[text shortened]... mputer moves. An opponent outplaying you tactically at your level does not indicate the latter.
    but he's beating me, he must be cheating, i only play players at least 300 lower than me....
  7. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    17 Dec '07 06:47
    but he's beating me, he must be cheating, i only play players at least 300 lower than me....
    I've looked at a few of your matches and quite frankly, you are awful.

The risk of playing lower rated opponents is that you will always strike a player on the rise, and given your apparent inability to follow book openings and your absolute deference to basic tactics, you will always get a hiding.

My advice - at your level, strive to punch above your weight. It will be a steep learning curve but will improve your play.

skeeter
  8. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    17 Dec '07 18:19
    You like beating up on players that are way lower rated than you. Now when you get your butt whiped by one of them they are cheating???

Congrats to your opponent!
  9. 18 Dec '07 09:54
    As the question was "how do I report a cheater", the answer has been given above.
  10. 22 Dec '07 11:31
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    You like beating up on players that are way lower rated than you. Now when you get your butt whiped by one of them they are cheating???

Congrats to your opponent!
    yes you're right, it's wrong of me to play players with that rating and get beaten some times... i've seen the light, from now on i will play players 400 lowever than me, that will let me really kick their butt
  11. 22 Dec '07 11:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    I've looked at a few of your matches and quite frankly, you are awful.

The risk of playing lower rated opponents is that you will always strike a player on the rise, and given your apparent inability to follow book openings and your absolute deference to basic tactics, you will always get a hiding.

My advice - at your level, strive to punch above your weight. It will be a steep learning curve but will improve your play.

skeeter
    BORING...!

why would i want to do a boring book opening....?

you're nothing but a chess robot
  12. 22 Dec '07 19:05
    I checkmated my opponent on this board -4105346 combinator Opponent's Move 38 Dec 22 2007 18:27 -but it didn't register as a win and he has another move. Any ideas?
  13. 22 Dec '07 19:15
    sorry,didn't mean to post the last on this thread.Too many games have turned my brain to mush!