Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 20 Aug '07 12:50
    I would like to hear some advice before I post the folllowing as a feedback. I could be wrong and I don't wish to bother the "staff".

    I went through the forum and didn't find any related post.

    Thank you in advance for any response.

    The post:

    Before finishing this game Game 3922192, I had a rating of 1460. The opponent had a rating of 1406.

    According to the formula:

    Win Expectancy = 1 / (10^(-54/400)+1) = 0.58

    New Rating = 1460 + 32 * (1 - 0.58) = 1473

    Maybe I miscalculated somewhere, but the reason I took the time to look into it is that it felt strange that the rating didn't change at all.

    I don't mind having 13 points more or less, but it could be a bug. Maybe some UPDATE statement didn't went through or something like that.
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Aug '07 13:42
    Originally posted by kaspi
    I would like to hear some advice before I post the folllowing as a feedback. I could be wrong and I don't wish to bother the "staff".

    I went through the forum and didn't find any related post.

    Thank you in advance for any response.

    The post:

    Before finishing this game Game 3922192, I had a rating of 1460. The opponent had a rating of 1406.
    ...[text shortened]... t could be a bug. Maybe some UPDATE statement didn't went through or something like that.
    Check the game info listed next to the game in the list. Were you playing an unrated game? There have been some rating bugs before... so if the game was rated, send feedback.

    P-
  3. 20 Aug '07 13:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Check the game info listed next to the game in the list. Were you playing an unrated game? There have been some rating bugs before... so if the game was rated, send feedback.

    P-
    Thank you. Maybe I should get some vacation. It indeed was an unrated game. I never accepted an unrated game before and didn't want to even this time. I guess my eyes are too weary.

    I apologise to all who will read this for this panic.

    Maybe the moderator can delete this thread.

  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Aug '07 14:18
    Originally posted by kaspi
    Thank you. Maybe I should get some vacation. It indeed was an unrated game. I never accepted an unrated game before and didn't want to even this time. I guess my eyes are too weary.

    I apologise to all who will read this for this panic.

    Maybe the moderator can delete this thread.

    I'll close it and let it drift down... it is a good question and answer for what happened. Someone else may view this thread before posting a similar question.

    Unrated Game!!!

    P-