Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 01 Jan '13 22:37
    when trying to move pieces on my kindle they go to random squares on the board rather than the correct one
  2. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    03 Jan '13 03:06
    Originally posted by yowier
    when trying to move pieces on my kindle they go to random squares on the board rather than the correct one
    Which generation is it...maybe HD ? On their browser or the app ?
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    08 Jan '13 16:51 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by yowier
    Do you use a web browser zoom mode when browsing/using RHP? This might be a cause, should such an option exist. Which browser do you use?

(Now slightly terrififed that I now need a Kindle Fire for testing.)
  4. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    11 Jan '13 22:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Which generation is it...maybe HD ? On their browser or the app ?
    Kindle Fire has an app for RHP?

I haven't seen it. Where would I go to find such a thing?

I just use their browser to peruse RHP, but it's not ideal. For one thing, using the Kindle keyboard is laborious compared to using my full-size keyboard on the computer.

Naturally, I bought my Fire right before the HD came out. Story of my life.

Edit: I haven't tried moving in any games while on the Kindle though, so I can't testify as to its accuracy there.
  5. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    13 Jan '13 15:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Kindle Fire has an app for RHP?

I haven't seen it. Where would I go to find such a thing?

I just use their browser to peruse RHP, but it's not ideal. For one thing, using the Kindle keyboard is laborious compared to using my full-size keyboard on the computer.

Naturally, I bought my Fire right before the HD came out. Story of my life.

Edit: I ...[text shortened]... moving in any games while on the Kindle though, so I can't testify as to its accuracy there.
    Well, it's not actually designed as such, for kindle fire, but it works 'well enough'.
    Try it at: http://www.redhotpawn.com/rival/download/download.php

N.B. Russ said recently that he'd 'get to work on the Amazon marketplace', but he has his hands full right now with the 'new site UI'...