Promoting

Standard memberKing Tiger
Help 04 Nov '13 04:14
  1. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 04:141 edit
    How do I promote to something other than a queen? It won't even give me the option of a rook, bishop, knight?

Edit: Found it on my own. The new site software threw me I guess.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 12:18
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    How do I promote to something other than a queen? It won't even give me the option of a rook, bishop, knight?

Edit: Found it on my own. The new site software threw me I guess.
    You are not alone. We get plenty of feedback about this so it clearly needs improving.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 15:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    You are not alone. We get plenty of feedback about this so it clearly needs improving.
    The Problem is the limbo bug. (In the eralier Version the System asked about the Promotion and if nothing was Chosen the game didn't continue, it was in Limbo).

An idea would be to still open a Promotion window when a pawn reaches the last row, but only Count the move after the choice was made (the promotings Players clock would tick away another second or two during the choice).
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 08:01
    Originally posted by Russ
    We were used to looking for it after clicking Submit, so we just don't look. Maybe just make it bigger or flashier or a bright colour.
  5. Joined
    07 Jul '12
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 02:14
    King Tiger, can you please tell me how you do it? I do not want to encounter this situation should the need arise.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Dec '13 08:44
    Originally posted by Sebastian Yap
    King Tiger, can you please tell me how you do it? I do not want to encounter this situation should the need arise.
    Hi, you have to pick your piece BEFORE submitting the promoting move. The chouce is at the upper right hand side of the board (a drop down menue).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree