1. Joined
    25 Apr '02
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 22:28
    If my opponent hasn't played 20 games yet, and his rating is provisional, how many points would I lose if I lost to him/her?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 23:08
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=32478
  3. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=32478
    when linking to other threads you should use the Thread 32478 type of link.

or even better - link to the FAQ which answers the question, rather than simply link to another thread which does not.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 00:06
    Originally posted by MCA
    when linking to other threads you should use the Thread 32478 type of link.

or even better - link to the FAQ which answers the question, rather than simply link to another thread which does not.
    Well thank you.

Maybe it would be easier to just say, "Read the FAQ"
  5. Joined
    25 Apr '02
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 01:06
    😴 Yeah, I get that whole part...my question was regarding the points equation. Specifically, if I lose to someone with a p1320 rating does that mean I'm deducted points as if I'd played a 1200 player? The answer is obviously 'yes' according to the FAQ. I just had trouble getting my head around the inequity. Sorry for bothering all the code talkers out there.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 04:52
    Originally posted by jobsworth
    😴 Yeah, I get that whole part...my question was regarding the points equation. Specifically, if I lose to someone with a p1320 rating does that mean I'm deducted points as if I'd played a 1200 player? The answer is obviously 'yes' according to the FAQ. I just had trouble getting my head around the inequity. Sorry for bothering all the code talkers out there.
    You should have read the FAQ... "If you have a non-provisional rating and you play a provisional-rated player, then you receive (or lose) only half the number of rating points you would normally. If the provisionally-rated player has played fewer than five games, then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating."

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree