question

Standard memberBrianW68
Help 04 Aug '10 16:50
  1. Joined
    19 Sep '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 16:50
    Is there a 25 move rule involving stalemate with just a king???
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 17:371 edit
    Originally posted by BrianW68
    50 move rule, you must click 'claim draw'. Also, there can be no captures within the 50 moves.

If it is King vs. King, ask for a draw. If the guy will not accept, you must make the 50 moves.

Remember, if there are any pieces captured during the 50 moves it starts over.

Also remember there is a 3 position rule. If the board is the same 3 times (exactly the same) you can 'claim draw'.

Google search chess draw rules for better info than I provided. It may also be right here in the FAQ
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 17:47
    Ty for your time
  4. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 17:53
    Originally posted by BrianW68
    No.
    The law on stalemate is gven in "The Laws of Chess", Article 5. 2a, which reads : -
    "The game is drawn when the player to move has no legal move and his king is not in check. The game is said to end in ‘stalemate’. This immediately ends the game, provided that the move producing the stalemate position was legal."
  5. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 18:26
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

If it is King vs. King, ask for a draw. If the guy will not accept, you must make the 50 moves.
    'Russ has done all he can to get users to not to make the same error over and over and over and over and over and over...'

If you look under FAQ you will find that you can claim a draw straight away under the FIDE laws of chess.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by lundybishop
    'Russ has done all he can to get users to not to make the same error over and over and over and over and over and over...'

If you look under FAQ you will find that you can claim a draw straight away under the FIDE laws of chess.
    Russ doesn't consider material, just 50 move and 3 rep. Material is not weighed at RHP yet (though it should be).

If that has changed recently, Great!!~ It would be news to me.

P-
  7. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 21:08
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Russ doesn't consider material, just 50 move and 3 rep. Material is not weighed at RHP yet (though it should be).

If that has changed recently, Great!!~ It would be news to me.

P-
    Go to 'Help' then 'FAQ'

'Insufficient material remains on the board to finish the game. If only two kings remain then either player may claim a draw during their next move.'
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 13:37
    Originally posted by lundybishop
    Go to 'Help' then 'FAQ'

'Insufficient material remains on the board to finish the game. If only two kings remain then either player may claim a draw during their next move.'
    Alright, cool. Perhaps I was confused with the people who wanted opposite color Bishop games and similar 'insufficient material' draws.

P-
  9. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 22:52
    I have three games that need to be archived but I can't seem to get it done when I click on the archive link. Can you help me?
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 04:50
    First, make sure that you're actually in Inbox and not in All Games. If you're in All Games the game won't disappear from there, but it should not be showing in the Inbox page.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 12:56
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    First, make sure that you're actually in Inbox and not in All Games. If you're in All Games the game won't disappear from there, but it should not be showing in the Inbox page.
    Well said, Kewpie:

Thread 132219

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree