1. Hill Country, Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 01:39
    Is there a way to specify that an open invite is only for players in a particualr range? If so, how is this done? Thanks.

padretx
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 01:45
    Once you click the "create open invite" page, go to the bottom of the setup page and click "advanced options". That is where you select your rating limits.
  3. Hill Country, Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 02:20
    Found it. Thanks for the response.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 19:331 edit
    Don;t trust it, maybe it's just me and the heady mixture of my own incompetence allied with the settings button ... I set for '2000 rates invited' and I get a weirdo rated 1700..deleted I throw it back and the ongoing lottery provides me with a 1300 but appears normal enough..I grabbed it thinking I'm indeed fortunate... rarely do they work according to plan lol..
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 20:30
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Don;t trust it, maybe it's just me and the heady mixture of my own incompetence allied with the settings button ... I set for '2000 rates invited' and I get a weirdo rated 1700..deleted I throw it back and the ongoing lottery provides me with a 1300 but appears normal enough..I grabbed it thinking I'm indeed fortunate... rarely do they work according to plan lol..
    If you use the advanced options settings correctly when creating an 'open invite' game, there is no way someone can accept your game invitation unless their rating is within the limits you specify.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 00:30
    Provisionals apparently cannot accept rating-specified open invites at all. I want to play p1200s (to encourage newcomers to stick around) but if I put p1200 in the game name I almost always get someone who isn't a p1200. So how else can I get games with newcomers to the site?
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 02:49
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Provisionals apparently cannot accept rating-specified open invites at all. I want to play p1200s (to encourage newcomers to stick around) but if I put p1200 in the game name I almost always get someone who isn't a p1200. So how else can I get games with newcomers to the site?
    Find a provisional player you want a game with and send them a direct challenge. Other than that I don't know how to get games only with p1200 players.

Maybe you could make a suggestion in the "site ideas" forum to expand the Open Invite advanced options to allow setting the rating limits to include provisional rated players as well.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 03:30
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Find a provisional player you want a game with and send them a direct challenge. Other than that I don't know how to get games only with p1200 players.

Maybe you could make a suggestion in the "site ideas" forum to expand the Open Invite advanced options to allow setting the rating limits to include provisional rated players as well.
    Good thought. I'll do that.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 12:29
    One option is to use the 'find player' link at top of page. Specify the rating limits you are looking for, such as 1150-1250, and you will get a list of those ratings, and provisional are there as well. Then it's still a matter of picking who you want to play and sending an individual challenge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree