Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 28 Aug '08 01:25
    What happens if you resign a tournament game on the first move? Will your rating go down?
  2. 28 Aug '08 01:39
    Hello from New Braunfels.

    Yes. Since you are out of the p1200 period, any lose will drop your rating some amount IIRC.
  3. 28 Aug '08 02:53
    Originally posted by Reverb
    What happens if you resign a tournament game on the first move? Will your rating go down?
    Your rating won't be affected so long as the game ends before the third move.

    FAQ
  4. 28 Aug '08 14:51
    I knew that in an ordinary friendly game your rating won't go down if you haven't made 3 moves, but I wondered if tournament games were an exception. I don't see that they are in the FAQ.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    28 Aug '08 15:05 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Reverb
    I knew that in an ordinary friendly game your rating won't go down if you haven't made 3 moves, but I wondered if tournament games were an exception. I don't see that they are in the FAQ.
    I think the same rule applies... and you probably won't get to the next round if you resign a tourney.

    Same goes for clan games, lost clan points and no rating change... and your clan leader probably won't appreciate deleting a clan game.

    P-
  6. 01 Sep '08 15:53
    Originally posted by Reverb
    I knew that in an ordinary friendly game your rating won't go down if you haven't made 3 moves, but I wondered if tournament games were an exception. I don't see that they are in the FAQ.
    No, it wont go down.
    Just had an opponent timeout in a tournament game without making a move. I didn't gain any rating points, he didn't lose any, so the same rule applies.
  7. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    01 Sep '08 17:44
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think the same rule applies... and you probably won't get to the next round if you resign a tourney.

    Same goes for clan games, lost clan points and no rating change... and your clan leader probably won't appreciate deleting a clan game.

    P-
    You can't delete a clan game or a tournament game.