Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Subscriber vandervelde
    medieval punk rocker
    08 May '14 11:09
    Failed to authorize: Do Not Honor

I just got this message twice when I tried to renew subscription.

It happened on 2CheckOut.

My bank introduced security code a month ago or so, and I thought that was the reason subscription hasn't been renewed automatically, but when I tried myself today - I got the mail from RHP about expiration - I got the above mentioned note.

I surfed on the net and found out that 2Checkout had this problem with many customers.
  2. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    08 May '14 11:40
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Failed to authorize: Do Not Honor

I just got this message twice when I tried to renew subscription.

It happened on 2CheckOut.

My bank introduced security code a month ago or so, and I thought that was the reason subscription hasn't been renewed automatically, but when I tried myself today - I got the mail from RHP about expiration - I got the a ...[text shortened]... note.

I surfed on the net and found out that 2Checkout had this problem with many customers.
    The best solution is probably to send a feedback to admin.

The link to feedback is at the bottom of the page. Be sure and specify the category as "subscriptions" and that should get you a quicker resolution.
  3. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    09 May '14 04:33
    Also check your subscription page to make sure the card expiry date is still valid.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    09 May '14 08:29
    I have responded to @vandervelde regarding this issue.

Unfortunately, if a card is not being authorised, then there is no other option but to use an alternative method of subscribing (PayPal or check/cheque).

2Checkout, our payment processors, can also be contacted directly and explain exactly why a card is not being accepted. Their helpdesk numbers are as follows :

US & Canada: 1.877.294.0273
    United Kingdom: +44 (0)808 234 0487
    International: 1.614.921.2450

But do keep in mind these guys are trying to prevent fraud, and even thought typically this isn't the type of site that anyone would use a stolen card to use, they have to treat all cases equally - so they can seem over zealous.