Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 07 Apr '07 20:40
    Sorry about this post (I'm sure there are many like it). I have had a quick read through some of the other threads but to no avail. I currently have a game that is roughly one hour away from a timeout but my opponent still has seven days of timebank. The original timeout was only one day and up until now we have both moved very frequently. I realise that it's the weekend, and if the weather over here is anything to go by I can understand why they haven't moved.... but if I am being really honest I could seriously do with the win.

    Do I click the skull when it appears or give it another day?
  2. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    07 Apr '07 20:42
    Originally posted by sangfroid
    Sorry about this post (I'm sure there are many like it). I have had a quick read through some of the other threads but to no avail. I currently have a game that is roughly one hour away from a timeout but my opponent still has seven days of timebank. The original timeout was only one day and up until now we have both moved very frequently. I realise that ...[text shortened]... ld seriously do with the win.

    Do I click the skull when it appears or give it another day?
    FAQ

    D
  3. 07 Apr '07 20:44
    So it's once the timebank period has elapsed that I should be asking this question?
  4. 07 Apr '07 21:04
    Originally posted by sangfroid
    So it's once the timebank period has elapsed that I should be asking this question?
    Yes, but you won't see a skull unless his time has run out anyway.
  5. 17 Apr '07 20:58
    what about an opponent who delibaretly is wasting time,ie a lost game and an opponent does not move, he is not on holiday just a bad loser,i have a problem becoming a member if there is not a way around this .
  6. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    17 Apr '07 21:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rabnes
    what about an opponent who delibaretly is wasting time,ie a lost game and an opponent does not move, he is not on holiday just a bad loser,i have a problem becoming a member if there is not a way around this .
    If you are a subscriber, then it's no longer a problem.

    D
  7. 17 Apr '07 21:22 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by rabnes
    what about an opponent who delibaretly is wasting time,ie a lost game and an opponent does not move, he is not on holiday just a bad loser,i have a problem becoming a member if there is not a way around this .
    He hasn't lost unless you have beaten him; and if his time hasn't expired and there's no skull icon you haven't. He can take as long as he wants within his time settings - next time, start games with shorter timeout/timebanks and beware of vacationeers.

    Of course, once you have subscribed you will be able to mess your opponents about with the vacation system.
  8. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    25 Apr '07 00:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    He hasn't lost unless you have beaten him; and if his time hasn't expired and there's no skull icon you haven't. He can take as long as he wants within his time settings - next time, start games with shorter timeout/timebanks and beware of vacationeers.

    Of course, once you have subscribed you will be able to mess your opponents about with the vacation system.
    Ah! The only problem is that you only get 30 days of vacation a year!
  9. 25 Apr '07 00:09
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Ah! The only problem is that you only get 30 days of vacation a year!
    36
  10. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    25 Apr '07 01:47
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    36
    For me it's 30.
  11. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    25 Apr '07 11:03
    The days available is dependant on the month you joined the site.

    -Russ
  12. 30 Apr '07 10:47
    Hey u guys.

    Have you guys ever thought of why a person would deliberetly waste time in RHP. Mayb the people are busy, away or the internet is down??

    I recently played against rabnes and lost but at the end I was really struggling with my internet and he thought I was a sore loser, I tried to explain to him that ive been in england b4 and everything there always works and works much faster but he still thought I was delaying the game but in the end he was just taking his situation for granted. I would rather end the game if i can than continue in vain and be called an As*Hole by rabnes.

    Just think about it next time guys.
    Asta