Sorting games

Sorting games

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A stable personality

Near my hay.

Moves
06 Dec 11

I seem to have more games than I really want at the moment and I'd like my inbox to show the ones with least time available at the top, so I can see which ones to deal with first.

Now, when I click on 'opponent' it sorts my games alphabetically by opponent. When I click on 'move' it sorts them by total moves made. But when I click on 'time' it resorts them but not according to time left before I need to move.

Am I trying to do something impossible, or just not doing it right?

Thanks in advance.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
06 Dec 11

Mine re-sorts each time I click that arrow, but I'm waiting for opponents to move in all my games. There is no data displayed in that particular column until it is my move, so I'm not sure what is actually being sorted. (But it definitely is rearranging the order of the games, even though I only have a few in progress at this time)

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
06 Dec 11

Originally posted by C J Horse
I seem to have more games than I really want at the moment and I'd like my inbox to show the ones with least time available at the top, so I can see which ones to deal with first.

Now, when I click on 'opponent' it sorts my games alphabetically by opponent. When I click on 'move' it sorts them by total moves made. But when I click on 'time' it resorts t ...[text shortened]... Am I trying to do something impossible, or just not doing it right?

Thanks in advance.
When you sort by time it takes the total time that you have to make a move, including the time of your opponent.

This is why you get the silliness of games that it is you move in not appearing as the most urgent!

For instance if its your opponent to move in the following games (Time down)

3 days per move plus 5 days timebank (you)
3 days per move plus 2 days timebank (opponent)

Then effectively you will have 13 days to make your move in the game

7 day per move plus 0 days timebank (you)
7 day per move plus 10 days timebank (opponent)

Then effectively you will have 24 days to make your move in the game

However once your opponent makes his move then in the same games your urgency changes as for (Time down)

In the

3 days per move plus 5 days timebank you have 8 days to move

but in the

7 day per move plus 0 days timebank you only have 7 days to move.

A stable personality

Near my hay.

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by adramforall
In the

3 days per move plus 5 days timebank you have 8 days to move

but in the

7 day per move plus 0 days timebank you only have 7 days to move.
Thanks for the comprehensive reply. It explains the issue nicely. I suspect, though, that most people would like to have their games listed by time to move before you start eating into your timebank. In the examples above, the 7/0 game would be listed as most urgent, but I would want the 3/5 game shown at the top. Has this been raised in site ideas before, does anyone know?