SPAM Message

Standard memberturtlex
Help 14 Nov '07 03:35
  1. Standard memberturtlex
    Picard Is My Captain
    United States
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 03:35
    Greetings - I got a spam message in my mailbox. Can someone please investigate? I've not deleted it.

Thanks in Advance.
  2. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 04:23
    What is the content of the message?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 04:40
    In the 1930s, the US psychologist Abraham Maslow formulated a theory that according to which, everybody has a series of basic needs that must be covered in a certain order, so that until one has been covered, the next cannot be fulfilled.

These needs start with the most basic physiological needs, such as satisfying hunger and thirst, maintaining an adequate body temperature, etc. If one of these needs is not fulfilled, as it is a basic need, it will take priority over the rest. The next level includes security and safety needs. It reflects everybody’s need to feel safe and protected. In the Western world, they include having a decent home, living in an adequate area of a city, regular employment, etc. The third level of the Maslow pyramid includes social needs, affection, belonging, and acceptance. These needs cover friendship, love, social recognition, etc. The fourth and penultimate levels reflect esteem, recognition of the individual for the tasks carried out, such as work or study. The tip of the pyramid is self-actualization. These are the highest needs, the needs that help the individual to find a meaning in life, and include philosophical and religious experiences.

As the Romans confirmed centuries before in their motto “primum vivere deinde philosophari” (Live first, then, philosophize), this philosophy leaves the priorities of the individual very clear. But, what does this have to do with malware?

Spammers target several layers of the Maslow pyramid with a wide range of email messages. If you stop for a moment to think about the history of spam, you will be able to see what messages users have received.
  4. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 03:13
    I understand Maslow,I don't understand what it has to do with spam seeing how it is random in selection.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 21:22
    I don't understand how spam messages could end up in an inbox on this site, unless they were sent by someone with a userID on this site. In which case, surely your own message list would identify the sender?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree