Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Subscriber C J Horse
    A stable personality
    30 Jan '09 12:25
    I have a game in a tournament against an opponent who I see hasn't moved for 57 days. I suppose it's possible he has left the site. Anyway, I have made one move as white in game 1 and my opponent's timebank is depleting, so I'll eventually get a skull to click. In game 2 my opponent has not yet moved and the time is not being counted down - he is still showing as 7 days to move plus full timebank. What happens to this game if he never moves?
  2. 30 Jan '09 13:30 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    I have a game in a tournament against an opponent who I see hasn't moved for 57 days. I suppose it's possible he has left the site. Anyway, I have made one move as white in game 1 and my opponent's timebank is depleting, so I'll eventually get a skull to click. In game 2 my opponent has not yet moved and the time is not being counted down - he is still showing as 7 days to move plus full timebank. What happens to this game if he never moves?
    I think this is the procedure:
    (1) These games are 7/7 thinking times games. That means that you first have to wait out the 14 days. If he chose to move, then he is entitled to during this period of time.
    (2) If you see any skull, then click it, then you win the game, but you don't win any rating points.
    (3) If you don't see the skull, then the games will be terminated anyway within a few days. You win the games, but you don't win any rating points.
    (4) If you win the games, by time or otherwise, you win your group this round, and you will progress to next round.

    But don't click of any garbage bin, even if it is there. That will terminate the game, and then I don't know what will happen.
  3. 30 Jan '09 14:02
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    I have a game in a tournament against an opponent who I see hasn't moved for 57 days. I suppose it's possible he has left the site. Anyway, I have made one move as white in game 1 and my opponent's timebank is depleting, so I'll eventually get a skull to click. In game 2 my opponent has not yet moved and the time is not being counted down - he is still showing as 7 days to move plus full timebank. What happens to this game if he never moves?
    The time is running, it just doesn't show. The skull will show up once your opponent runs out of time.
  4. Subscriber C J Horse
    A stable personality
    31 Jan '09 17:01
    Thanks, both.
  5. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    02 Feb '09 20:52
    I have a timeout related question too. How do you check the time controls of a game that has already finished? I can't seem to find it on the game history or under game info.
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Feb '09 21:29
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I have a timeout related question too. How do you check the time controls of a game that has already finished? I can't seem to find it on the game history or under game info.
    Go to your archive and search the game by player name.
    Next to the game there should be an info button.

    That tells you the time controls for the game.

    P-
  7. 07 Feb '09 22:33
    My game my opponemt has no time bank left, but I can't claim the game? I don't see where I can claim. He put first his account on vacation and now he's back but I can't see how I can claim the game???
  8. Subscriber Mctayto
    Highlander
    07 Feb '09 22:40
    Originally posted by thegreatbakker
    My game my opponemt has no time bank left, but I can't claim the game? I don't see where I can claim. He put first his account on vacation and now he's back but I can't see how I can claim the game???
    Against playful1 & heartacepoker although they have no timebank they still have time out available. If both clocks run out then you get a skull that appears on your "My Games" page that is clickable