Tournament Notification

Tournament Notification

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
20 Jan 06

Has anyone considered creating some user adjustable settings for notification of tournament creation ? You could even allow for some granularity.

New Tournament Notification: On Off
Thematic: On Off
Mini-Banded: On Off
Grouped-Random: On Off
Grand Split: On Off
Etc.

Thanks

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by RookGrabber
Has anyone considered creating some user adjustable settings for notification of tournament creation ? You could even allow for some granularity.

New Tournament Notification: On Off
Thematic: On Off
Mini-Banded: On Off
Grouped-Random: On Off
Grand Split: On Off
Etc.

Thanks
The system can't handle loads of pms at once.

I have suggested a few times an optional news ticker on the My Games page, which could be customised as to what it contains on an individual basis. The only info that I feel (at the moment) should be broadcast on the news ticker are site announcements, opening of consultation votes and certain tournament info.

Two things that should be compulsory would be new Site Announcements and Opening of Consultation Votes.

Then, after that, each user could customise what they wished to see with regards to tournaments. I'd probably set it up so that it announced the creation of any banded tournament that I am eligible for, and longer time control tournaments. It could be quite easy to customise with tick boxes for tournament type (Banded, Free for All, etc) and timeout (0, 3, 7, etc) and timebank (3, 7, etc)

The system wouldn't have to send thousands of pms either. And the consultation votes would give a better representation of how the entire site feels.

D