Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 18 Oct '05 11:04
    Hi,

    Can anybody tell me what is the exact difference between Tournaments, Clans and Sieges? I am a non-subscriber, so I will I be able to enter any of those?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    18 Oct '05 11:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by yashsr
    Hi,

    Can anybody tell me what is the exact difference between Tournaments, Clans and Sieges? I am a non-subscriber, so I will I be able to enter any of those?

    Thanks in advance.
    No. No, no, no.
  3. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    18 Oct '05 15:34
    Originally posted by yashsr
    Hi,

    Can anybody tell me what is the exact difference between Tournaments, Clans and Sieges? I am a non-subscriber, so I will I be able to enter any of those?

    Thanks in advance.
    They are all very cool! Tournaments are knock out comptitions for individuals. Sieges are a 'winner stays on' competition, similar to playing bar pool. The winner keeps the board and plays black against new opponents until they loose or draw, then the person playing white takes the board and tries to defend it against all comers (very cool). Clans are basically teams that play each other. The clan leaders organise games with other clans and match their players to similarly rated opposition.

    If you are wondering about subscribing, these features are awesome! Well worth the money! You get lot's of other things like unlimited games, forum pics, profile pics, you can set up your own clan and loads of other stuff. Best $20 i ever spent!

    James~>
  4. 18 Oct '05 16:38
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    They are all very cool! Tournaments are knock out comptitions for individuals. Sieges are a 'winner stays on' competition, similar to playing bar pool. The winner keeps the board and plays black against new opponents until they loose or draw, then the person playing white takes the board and tries to defend it against all comers (very cool). Clans are ...[text shortened]... ics, you can set up your own clan and loads of other stuff. Best $20 i ever spent!

    James~>
    Hi,

    Thanks for the explanation. BTW, I think its $30 per year I think.
  5. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    18 Oct '05 20:56
    Originally posted by yashsr
    Hi,

    Thanks for the explanation. BTW, I think its $30 per year I think.
    And he's also been here for a year and a half. Please adjust for inflation.