30 Apr '13 18:14
    if this helps I switched to using chrome and all seems to be working
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 20:10
    Originally posted by rogerpurser1
    I have same windows 7 and IE 9 ..and I cannot move if from H8 and it seems random where you click mouse as to what piece is selected ....must say am more than disappointed ...dont mine the new layout ..but bugs like this should be sorted before released
    Can you check if this is related to "compatibility mode", discussed here?

Thread 152709
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 21:582 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    On some, not all, of my games when I click on the square of a piece the square immediately to its' left lights up and I am unable to make any move at all in that game. It does repeat the process for the same game.
    I also was using IE8 and winXP. I was having a problem wherein I would click on a piece and the square to the top left of it would light up, (even if that square was off the board).
    I downloaded google chrome and I no longer have that problem, now the square immediately to the left of the selected square lights up. I still cannot move though.
    I certainly hope someone can lead technically challenged folks such as myself through this 'teething period'. I very much like this site and would hate to have to give it away. compatibility mode is turned off.
  5. Joined
    29 Nov '04
    Moves
    01 May '13 00:47
    OK, I did check compatibility mode and it was UNchecked for internet sites. HOWEVER I just moved successfully in the same game that I couldn't earlier. Maybe the browser was running in compatibility mode for some other site? I'll monitor and sorry for the trouble.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    01 May '13 04:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have been testing on IE8 (Build 8.0.60001.18702) on XP with Service Pack 3.
    Although IE8 is slow (JavaScript performance is not great) it still functions as expected. Can anyone with problems with IE8 still post further version information so I can try to reproduce this issue? Thanks.
    It does not happen every time. About half my games have the same problem as last night. I know the system I am on is fully updated.(IE8 & XP) My computer at home (IE9 & Win7) is working fine.
  7. Standard memberkrieghoff
    Carrobie was here
    JW Watchtower, NY
    Moves
    01 May '13 04:523 edits
    goods sorry re english. Problems exactly for my play so flip boardpieces allows to choice and move.

extra writing - OS does XP and IE 8.
    extra writing - sorry incorrect - go to a bad move so the pink faults indicate then make chosen move and it will happen.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 May '13 08:30
    Originally posted by caissad4
    It does not happen every time. About half my games have the same problem as last night. I know the system I am on is fully updated.(IE8 & XP) My computer at home (IE9 & Win7) is working fine.
    I have been trying to reproduce this problem, and have found an occasional problem on IE8 when the zoom is set to anything other than 100% (150% caused the issues I witnessed) Can you let me know if this is the case?
  9. Joined
    13 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 May '13 13:35
    having trouble with my pieces also!! hard to click to highlight a piece as well as click to place it! Where are the forward and back arrows? this change is B.S. I would not have renewed my membership if I knew this was coming! I've been a member for many years! Is someone out there listening???
    R.S.V.P. !!!
  10. Joined
    15 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 13:38
    hello,

I don't see pieces anymore, only the chessboard. I'm using IE8 and windows xp
  11. Joined
    13 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 May '13 13:39
    Same here..I'm very disappointed in this upgrade!!One Big FAIL!!!
  12. Joined
    21 Apr '04
    Moves
    01 May '13 14:16
    I'm having the same problems moving and refuse to use google chrome. Really irks me that they did this I will cancel my automatic renewal.......too bad
  13. Joined
    16 Aug '12
    Moves
    01 May '13 20:58
    mine is doing the same thing....
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    01 May '13 21:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have been trying to reproduce this problem, and have found an occasional problem on IE8 when the zoom is set to anything other than 100% (150% caused the issues I witnessed) Can you let me know if this is the case?
    I did find that working on 100% zoom allows me to make moves and removes the problem of the wrong squares lighting up, but I really like my 125% zoom, I could see the board much better. mostly it matters to me with the 'analyze board' page. also my favorite piece style has disapeared.
    I must say change is always somewhat disconcerting to people of my age.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 May '13 22:46
    Change is disconcerting to any age, but once you pass 50 it's decidedly so (and I'm almost 70).

Russ has already said he's having problems with the Wood set, so you might try out some of the others until he sorts it out. I've done quite a few board changes and managed to find a size/colour/piece-set that I'm comfortable with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree