Vacation flag

Vacation flag

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Mar 18

I have an opponen t who has his vacation flag on, he has ran out of time and is making moves. What happens when I run out of time. Surely it is not possible for me to lose the game?

Australia

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @johman
I have an opponen t who has his vacation flag on, he has ran out of time and is making moves. What happens when I run out of time. Surely it is not possible for me to lose the game?
It's up to you to make sure that you don't. Vacation flag on this site isn't well designed, and in specific circumstances it doesn't produce the correct result and this can be taken advantage of. If deliberate, it's unsporting but not unheard of. You have several options: you can ensure that you don't run out of time yourself, or you can use your own vacation flag carefully.

mlb62

Moves
07 Apr 18

I have an opponent who has been on vacation for a couple of weeks...but..has regularly been answering my moves. Seems to me that he/she is both "on" vacation and "off" vacation at the same time..I'm a bit confused.

Australia

Moves
07 Apr 18
1 edit

The game hasn't been adjourned, the flag is timeout protection only. Showing the vacation flag doesn't mean the game is on hold, it just means that you expect an unreliable connection for some reason. I show a vacation flag when the internet connection I am using is currently unreliable. I still move as often as I can, I'm just protecting myself from timeout if I go off the air for more than a day or two. Most people try to make at least some moves during their "vacation" period.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
07 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ogb
I have an opponent who has been on vacation for a couple of weeks...but..has regularly been answering my moves. Seems to me that he/she is both "on" vacation and "off" vacation at the same time..I'm a bit confused.
Both Kewps and myself have explained the vacation system numerous times on this forum.
It's not a vacation flag, it's a timeout protection flag.
I'm going to send feedback and ask the admins to make it clearer for everyone.

mlb62

Moves
08 Apr 18

Originally posted by @venda
Both Kewps and myself have explained the vacation system numerous times on this forum.
It's not a vacation flag, it's a timeout protection flag.
I'm going to send feedback and ask the admins to make it clearer for everyone.
ok TY