What is the deal with the airplane?

What is the deal with the airplane?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IC

Moves
08 Sep 06

Why does my opponent have an airplane by his nickname?
Can I get a guitar icon?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
08 Sep 06

I'm leaving on a jetplane,
Don't know when I'll be back again.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
08 Sep 06

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Can I get a guitar icon?
Ignore Xanthos and his rancid rhetoric. He's on a bug hunt at the moment and can't give you his full attention.

The 'airplane' (sic) icon indicates that your opponent is on holiday and is unable to move. You may react to that anyway you wish.

skeeter

F

Moves
08 Sep 06

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Can I get a guitar icon?
Go to your opponents homepage (click on his name) and you can see if he left a notice when he will be back from his vacation (September 15th).
It is considered rude to win the game by time him out during his vacation even if you can.

SS

Moves
08 Sep 06

SS

Moves
08 Sep 06

F

Moves
08 Sep 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
Some people consider it rude for their opponent not to move in the agreed time and will click on the skull accordingly.
That's right, but under vacation there is an unwritten gentlemens agreemens that one will not skull anyone out.

But back to the aeroplane icon - it signifies that the opponent is on vacation. Often with an explanation at his homepage.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Sep 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
That's right, but under vacation there is an unwritten gentlemens agreemens that one will not skull anyone out.
No, there isn't. Vacation status is currently just for information purposes, opponents can time you out with impunity. Many players have the policy of TO's whenever. It is unfair to call them ungentlemanly for claiming a game which their opponent failed to play within the agreed contract.

D

F

Moves
08 Sep 06

Obvious we have different opinions about timing people out during their vacation.
I'm certain that Ice Cold can decide for himself now.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Sep 06

Obvious we have different opinions about timing people out during their vacation.
Obviously, but you shouldn't tell him that he should feel aggrieved with his opponent who 100% legally times him out while his vacation flag is flying. Some people (like you) don't time out people out with their vacation flag up, some people do. Its completely up to the player.

Why do you say we have different opinions about timing people out during their vacation. I haven't even said what my policy is. You gave inaccurate information which was likely to cause hard feeling, and I corrected it, simple as that.

D

C

Earth Prime

Moves
08 Sep 06

Originally posted by skeeter
The 'airplane' (sic) icon

skeeter
How do you think it's spelled?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 Sep 06

Originally posted by Coconut
How do you think it's spelled?
Autogyro, Smithers.

P-

F

Moves
08 Sep 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Obviously, but you shouldn't tell him that he should feel aggrieved with his opponent who 100% legally times him out while his vacation flag is flying. Some people (like you) don't time out people out with their vacation flag up, some people do. Its completely up to the player.

Why do you say we have different opinions about timing people out during th ...[text shortened]... information which was likely to cause hard feeling, and I corrected it, simple as that.

D
Sorry if I offended you.

Now Ice Cube knows that this area is somewhat mined. And perhaps this was the intention with this discussion.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Sep 06

Sorry if I offended you.

Now Ice Cube knows that this area is somewhat mined. And perhaps this was the intention with this discussion.
No offense taken, but your inferral that I took TOs while my opponent is on holiday was also incorrect. I'm just sick of seeing threads "XXXXX is a cheat, he timed me out while I was on vacation", which we were in danger of seeing with your statement that there was some kind of gentleman's agreement on this site, regarding TOs while vacation flag is set.

Indeed, the intention of my posts here was to state that things weren't as clearcut as you made out.

D

DS

Moves
08 Sep 06

Personally, I consider it more ungentlemanly to agree to a game at stated time settings and then, half way through it, to disappear on vacation.